Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there, thanks. Just bought the Rigid A Pillar mount, a pair of D-Pro driving and a pair of D-SS Floods. Looking at the wiring harness, the two sides get spliced together, then go to a relay, which then breaks out the three wires (inside a black sheath) to go to the provided switch, and the red/black power with the inline fuse. Do I need any of that, given that the OEM Aux system already has relays and fuses? I would think I can just cut all of that off, and use the red/black after the splice but before the relay to go to the aux/ground connection, correct? Just verifying before I cut the provided harness...
You do not need the switches or relays. Cut it all off and direct wire /)
Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Just got my two pairs of Rigid D-SS Pro spots (model #262213) and got them mounted up on the Artec Industries dual a pillar mount (http://www.artecindustries.com/JL_Single_LED_Apillar). Install was super easy, probably took about 90 minutes but only because I was meticulous about the wiring.

Originally I had intended to do a mix of spot + driving on each side to get better coverage. Getting the lights was a huge PITA, had one Amazon vendor no-ship a set, and another vendor send the wrong lights, so it took 4 orders to get the 2 pair of lights and ended up getting two pairs of spots once the dust settled.

I just went out and found some completely dark open stretches of road, and holy hell, I was blown away.

Not only do 4 forward facing spots throw a beam a long way, the coverage is blanketing. I expected more of a gap in the short range, but it is pretty much daylight from ten feet in front of the bumper to as far as you can see with no hot spots. And with two sets of side shooters, that is 6 side facing led's on each side, it is complete daylight from the front quarterpanel out on each side.

EDIT: Pics attached of both side shooter and front facing. Disclosure, I adjusted the exposure after the fact to compensate for my iphone camera light meter. The halogens are so dim, the iphone turns the light sensitivity way up, and the Rigid were so bright it dials it way back. These pics after the slight adjustment represent very accurately what I was seeing with my eyes.

One thing to note, the lights are rated at 3.36 amps so I took a chance putting all 4 of them on the 15a aux switch, but it blew the fuse pretty quickly, so I swapped it over to the 40a Aux 1 and have had no problems.

Also, make sure you are buying them in pairs. Some of the vendors on Amazon sell two, but it is two individual
lights which have two led side shooters on both sides of each light. The true pairs come as a left and a right with three led side shooters just on one side of each light.

The part numbers for pairs are 262113 (flood), 262213 (spot) and 262313 (driving). Singles will be 262113 (driving). The same part numbers starting in 8 indicate white housings instead of black.

IMG_1265.jpg

Driver's side side shooters
IMG_1262.jpg

Stock halogen low beams + fogs
IMG_1260.jpg

Rigid cubes on (with headlights and fogs, but honestly I turned my headlights on and off a couple times and you couldn't even tell if they were on or not when the LEDs were on)
IMG_1261.jpg
Do you know if I could use the Artec Mount with one D-XL Pro and on D-SS Pro? I would like to have a 4” cube on the bottom and a 3” Cube on top.

Thanks!!!

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Do you know if I could use the Artec Mount with one D-XL Pro and on D-SS Pro? I would like to have a 4” cube on the bottom and a 3” Cube on top.

Thanks!!!
I don't think so, was hoping to find a solution to something similar. Please let us know if you find something.

Michael

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I don't think so, was hoping to find a solution to something similar. Please let us know if you find something.

Michael
Wow Michael, still nobody knows the answer to this? Crazy! Trying to get the answer from Rigid or Artec is just as bad!

Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 GMC Jimmy, 1986 Chevy Silverado, 2014 Ram Sport 4x4, Future JL
To answer the above questions, since I have both D-XL's and D-SS's within reach, they aren't the same bolt pattern and won't bolt onto the Artec mounts. The D-SS brackets go within the light, while the D-XL brackets bolt to the outside of the light, and require a much wider span, if that makes any sense.

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
To answer the above questions, since I have both D-XL's and D-SS's within reach, they aren't the same bolt pattern and won't bolt onto the Artec mounts. The D-SS brackets go within the light, while the D-XL brackets bolt to the outside of the light, and require a much wider span, if that makes any sense.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this Campbellshotrods!!!

It’s a shame that there isn’t a mount to have a 4” cube on bottom and a 3” on top! I just think it would look good with the different sizes.

Thanks again!

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Wow I'm lovin these D-SS in a driving pattern. I may turn them slightly outward to alleviate some of the hood glare and balance out the light spread from the other lights mind you but got to say, I have always been a Rigid fan.

Fogs n tint .jpg3 (2).jpg

Fogs n tint .jpg8 (2).jpg

Fogs n tint  (2).jpg

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
Alright, I'll be that guy. I have got to say, Rigid makes some good stuff, no doubt, but good grief have their prices gotten out of hand. $200 for a stamped metal bracket? $300 for a 4" LED light (most likely made with Chinese CREE LEDs that cost $0.02 to make and ship here)? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. It's like Gucci purses, but for men.

I've been hearing amazing things about BlackOakLED lights. Their prices are much more reasonable and their products appear to be top-notch. Granted, they don't have nearly the selection that Rigid has, but they've got a good amount of what most people are looking for.

Full disclosure: I do not work for them, nor do I own any of them, so take my rambling opinion for what it's worth [read: not much].

P.S. - The OG's pics are fricking amazing. It's unbelievable how far we've come with light technology.

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Did mine today
Will redo when I find someone to powder coat in red
No one in my area does it

A93BC0D7-3175-441D-8429-C169159A2F84.jpeg

16E3121E-772D-400D-A13D-B6F8B8454E64.jpeg
Wow, looks really nice!!! Might have to do the same. Are both cubes the same? I was really wanting to do a larger cube on Bottom and a smaller one on top just for looks and maybe usability, flood on bottom, spot on top. Just don’t see anyone doing it.

Also if you don’t mind, what’s the about cost on your setup? Thanks!!!
Sponsored