First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Great Review! I, too, have been on the hunt for an Aftermarket Intake that was sealed and maintained Stock Location and inlet. I have been an aFe Fan for years with my previous car (i.e BMW) and their Intakes served me well thru time. But their Jeep Intakes were primarily "open" designs, which didn't suit my Off Road Requirements. So that was a "No Go" for me on that.

But the Holley unit really had me convinced. I would love to have my Turbo breathe even better, especially for demanding conditions.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Great Review! I, too, have been on the hunt for an Aftermarket Intake that was sealed and maintained Stock Location and inlet. I have been an aFe Fan for years with my previous car (i.e BMW) and their Intakes served me well thru time. But their Jeep Intakes were primarily "open" designs, which didn't suit my Off Road Requirements. So that was a "No Go" for me on that.

But the Holley unit really had me convinced. I would love to have my Turbo breathe even better, especially for demanding conditions.
Thanks Rachel! The iNTECH has been a nice upgrade on the 2.0L.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Nice review, thx. Are you still seeing about the 0.5 -1 MPG gain with this unit?

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Sponsored

nickberkeley

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Steven, it's been another month of so, since your last update. Curious if you have any further comments with this system.

I had been running with the AFE cone drop in filter replacement for a while now, but yesterday I installed this iNTECH system. Overall, install was pretty straightforward, but the final step of getting the filter sealed into the housing was a bit rough. Given the 1 piece intake part, there is no play. (I found the soapy water recommendation helped, but this was after multiple failed dry attempts)

I have only gone on a couple drives since install (and it was raining), so too early for much feedback. This system definitely provides a smooth flow of air into the turbo. Pictures are a bit deceiving on how much larger the tube is (side by side photo - iNTECH had to be zoomed out a little to fit - look at engine cover size diff).

What are your plans on how long you intend to go before taking the system apart to clean the filter?

-Nick...

IMG-0825.jpg

B04F1446-1518-4314-B48C-1A631A0F483F.JPG

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hey Nick, good hearing from you. I'm still loving this intake and it's performance gains.

It definitely makes more power and as you mentioned, it smoothes out acceleration. The assembly of the filter to the tube is wrestling match...it took me several tries to mate it up.

I was out in Moab for EJS this year but did not run a lot of trails so not a lot of exposure to dust. I will pull it in the next month or so for inspection/cleaning. I'll post that when I do.

Here's a screenshot from my video review so you can see the side by side size difference. The Holley provides a lot more air volume via the tube size as well as the volume provided by their filter design.
Jeep Wrangler JL Holley iNTECH Intake Install/Review Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 8.14.37 AM

Let me know how you feel about the performance after you get the ECU acquainted with the new intake, since you were already running an upgraded filter.

-Steven

shimmy1122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I decided to pick this up after your review. Got it installed today and I'm very happy with it. Fit and finish is great, and install was very straight forward. Feels smoother already to me!

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

69charged

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler unlimited 2.0
I’m looking at ordering this intake, after your review. I don’t normally buy intakes, as they are usually just a sound thing! But I have a question about dusting. If you’ve cleaned it at all, have you seen any dust or anything in the intake tube? I had a power stroke diesel that I bought with an aftermarket intake, and after taking the filter off, the intake tube was all caked up with dust. So I had to find a used factory one to install.
Just curious
Thanks
Clarence

Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’m looking at ordering this intake, after your review. I don’t normally buy intakes, as they are usually just a sound thing! But I have a question about dusting. If you’ve cleaned it at all, have you seen any dust or anything in the intake tube? I had a power stroke diesel that I bought with an aftermarket intake, and after taking the filter off, the intake tube was all caked up with dust. So I had to find a used factory one to install.
Just curious
Thanks
Clarence
Hi Clarence! I have not had mine apart yet for cleaning, so I cannot answer that.

I can however tell you that I was really impressed with the design of the seal between the filter and tube, which by the way, getting those two mated is the most difficult part of the install. I hope this helps.

-Steven

69charged

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler unlimited 2.0
Ok. Thanks. I guess I was more meaning the efficiency of the filter. Being that it’s not oiled. But on the other hand neither is the stock one. 🤷‍♂️

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Finally grabbed one of these based on your review. Have been debating for a while, and know some folks have thrown CEL's with other brands (which I have no patience for over an intake, given the Jeep has been rock solid stock) Hoping the Holley unit works as well for me as it has for you. Looking forward to receiving it!

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finally grabbed one of these based on your review. Have been debating for a while, and know some folks have thrown CEL's with other brands (which I have no patience for over an intake, given the Jeep has been rock solid stock) Hoping the Holley unit works as well for me as it has for you. Looking forward to receiving it!
Hi John, I'm sure it's going to work out well for you. I enjoy mine every day.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after the install on your Jeep. Be well✌🏻

-Steven

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Got it installed last night in around an hour. 90 degrees in my garage, so a lot of sweat, but minimal swearing. So far ive got about 50 miles on it and it feels smooth. I definitely can hear a little bit more of the engine and a little more of the turbo thus far. it's subtle, but I am generally super in tune to my vehicles and notice any variation in sound. After fiddling with it, I found it was easiest to pop the airbox back out and install the filter into the box and the tube into the filter outside of the Jeep and then put the whole setup back into the engine bay as 1 piece. then it was just a slight rotation to make sure all was lined up.
Sponsored