Sponsored

Holley 223-16 Intech Cold Air Intake 3.6L - Sound?

Asero

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler
Hi all,
I am looking into purchasing an intake to go with my Borla ATAK exhaust. I've narrowed it down to either:

Holley 223-16 Intech Cold Air Intake
https://www.quadratec.com/p/holley/intech-cold-air-intake-jeep-wrangler-jl-3.6l-223-16

or

K&N 63-1576 63 Series AirCharger Performance Intake
https://www.quadratec.com/p/kn/63-series-aircharger-performance-intake-jeep-wrangler-jl-3.6l-63-1576

The only issue I'm having is that I cannot for the life of me find a video clip of the Holley Intech installed and what it sounds like. Anyone have the Holley intake installed and have video of the sound at cruising and on the throttle?

Reason for install is to have a better sounding engine/exhaust note with some MPG savings (I call BS on the 12-25HP gains :CWL:)

Cheers!
Sponsored

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I was looking at the Holley too. After reading all of the posts I could find about CAI, I decided "nah... probably don't need one". Since then, I've seen some more posts about it, and if I ever re-decide to get one, I think it would be the Banks. Holley still looks pretty good, but not being able to see of easily check the filter is a negative to me. ;)

AlinMaine

First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I’ve had the Holley on for two years. It is noticeably louder on full throttle. Engine runs better, I’ve seen 17-24mpg depending on conditions, weather, octane, etc. Probably 1-2 mpg overall. Went from 17-18 to 19-20 most of time. Is it worth the money? As part of exhaust upgrade, which I’ve yet to do, probably. Trying to find an exhaust threading the needle between higher flow and no major increase in sound level.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I just broke down and ordered the Banks. Reviews are that it sounds loud. Maybe what you are looking for, but I'm hoping not too loud. I don't mind noise when I'm stepping on it, but when I'm just cruising, I'd rather not notice. We'll see.
Sponsored