Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
OK, just a quick reference. See pix if you don't want to remove front floor pan mat drain plugs. You will have a hole that you can see and hear the road.

How you choose to remedy this issue is up to you. Others feel free to post how you tackled this issue. If you pull the plugs in jeep floor so your wet snowy boot drain out. Then you also can get water back into the cab with splashes or water crossing. " I found the plugs for the floor mats that fit perfectly. "

Part number for the 2018 JL Sahara is 821AA 10768 Plugs fit my 2021 Sahara also.

Seems the 10 Commandments illustration on the mats trying to says thou shall not lay mats in with out rubber plugs removed! UGH. Then you see daylight. If you don't remove them then the built in funnel on the mats 3/4 inch hanging down. Forcing you to have the mats lifted up if you don't pull the plugs. This makes it pop of the retention clip to the left of this hole. One more thing, if you do pull the pan plugs. The mats are not a grommet that grabs and seals it a finger in the dike method. and what looks to be a foam spongy gasket that sits there.

What have you guy/gals done plopped it over the carpet, cut your carpet? Glue it in? Or didn't think about it. There are many threads but all are just as confusing.
will post several pictures so you can only seek to find.

Going to be listing both my official jeep floor mats as I found carpet that fits flush and dampens noise keeps in heat. I just push mine to the mall and look at it. never touches that dirty assfault

Jeep Wrangler JL Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh 20201009_102045

Jeep Wrangler JL Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh 20201011_115309

Jeep Wrangler JL Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh 20201011_115325

Jeep Wrangler JL Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh 20201011_115304
Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I can't find them online. Where did you order the plug 821AA10768? I just put a regular plug in the floorboard hole, so yes my OEM all weather mats sit up just a bit... But I like the plug you have that sits down in the hole so the mat can sit flush.

Tazman

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon, 2017 Ram AEV 2500
We couldn't find the plugs so we put a complete set of Weathertech mats in front rear, and cargo are.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I just took the mats and cut the bottom protrusion off of both sides, (at the red line on your image) and never punched out the floorpan.

Works fine for me. When the mats fill up with slush and salt, I remove the whole mat and dump it out. I bought an extra set of plugs that I put in the plug holes on the mat, works fine.

Best,
-Tim

Jeep Wrangler JL Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh Cut

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Mike, those are not the same as what the OP posted. I have an extra set of the plugs in your link and use those for now. I'm looking for the plug he has that sits down in floor to allow the oem mat to sit flush with the floor without leaving the floor hole open.

floor plug.jpg
Image from the mopar site I linked.
Jeep Wrangler JL Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh 1602449137442

Image from Quadratec:
Jeep Wrangler JL Holes in new floor mats! Revisited..ugh 1602449347926

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Went to the nearest dealer soon after I purchased my Jeep looking for these plugs. The parts department could not find the part number. Doesn’t matter now since I swapped out the Jeep mats with Wearhertech liners.

OP
OP
Rusty Teeth

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
I just took the mats and cut the bottom protrusion off of both sides, (at the red line on your image) and never punched out the floorpan.

Works fine for me. When the mats fill up with slush and salt, I remove the whole mat and dump it out. I bought an extra set of plugs that I put in the plug holes on the mat, works fine.

Best,
-Tim

I Decided to do this also, but could not bring it under the knife!

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Image from Quadratec:
Thanks for clarifying for me. I didn't realize the pic was the bottom side of the plug I already have lol. I thought it was a plug that sat lower in the floorboard...

OP
OP
Rusty Teeth

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation

Image from Quadratec:
yes, the original floor plugs do not fit the mats if I recall. also could hear road noise and see daylight

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Ok, so I'm dumb and not getting this. I have the factory slush mats. They have a hole in them that allows debris to pile up on my carpet. Is this a plug for for the slush mat to remedy my problem?

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
So to explain a little. I cut out the already-mostly-pre-cut holes in the carpet. The factory plugs are below that in the floorboard. I pulled them out and put them in the my Jeep brand floor mats. They fit just fine (as shown in the OP picture), and I ordered 2 more so I can plug back up the floorboard.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am not understanding this thread.

With the all-weather floormats, you remove the pre-cut oval of carpet, remove the drain plug, install the funnel of the floormat into the hole in the floorboard (push hard), then install the drain plug you removed from the floor into the floormat.

Clean. Simple. Easy.

No visible hole outside. No road noise.

Full of water? Pull the plug. Drains outside.

The floormat should be sealing up tight enough to keep water spray out as well as the original plug did. (NB: there were issues with the original run of floormats two-plus years ago). Of course if you're doing a water crossing that deep, you are probably taking on some water anyway. It's not a damn submarine.
Sponsored