Sponsored

Hold the horn for a certain # of seconds to prompt an emergency screen display on the Uconnect

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
A driver turned left in front of me this morning, despite my having the right of way. I applied the horn for a slightly longer interval than is my habit. At some point -- maybe after two seconds had elapsed -- the music on the radio was cut off and the Uconnect 3 screen display changed to one that provided icons that would allow me to make an expedient phone call or send a text for assistance. I'd wager the screen appeared as a function of how long the horn button is depressed.

Using a variety of search words in the e-version of the 2021 Owner's Manual, I looked for the name and/or explanation of the aforementioned functionality, but No Joy. I thought I'd mention it here in case some of you have interesting anecdotes using the emergency screen (as I'm calling it) in your own JL.

Had I given my usual brief toot, I wouldn't have stumbled on the feature described above. So, I'm kind of glad that the idiot didn't correctly yield.
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Thats nice to know! Im not running outside to blare the horn.... im notttttttttt

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A driver turned left in front of me this morning, despite my having the right of way. I applied the horn for a slightly longer interval than is my habit. At some point -- maybe after two seconds had elapsed -- the music on the radio was cut off and the Uconnect 3 screen display changed to one that provided icons that would allow me to make an expedient phone call or send a text for assistance. I'd wager the screen appeared as a function of how long the horn button is depressed.

Using a variety of search words in the e-version of the 2021 Owner's Manual, I looked for the name and/or explanation of the aforementioned functionality, but No Joy. I thought I'd mention it here in case some of you have interesting anecdotes using the emergency screen (as I'm calling it) in your own JL.

Had I given my usual brief toot, I wouldn't have stumbled on the feature described above. So, I'm kind of glad that the idiot didn't correctly yield.
Maybe the Uconnect manual has something in it?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Thats nice to know! Im not running outside to blare the horn.... im notttttttttt
uh huh... tell us what you find out. ; )

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
My neighbor isn't happy right now and i dont think i did it long enough!
Make you sure you try both your jeeps in case they behave differently.
Sponsored