Sponsored

hmmm... Some dealerships, and some sales people. Horrible sales pitch.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
PSA (and a little rant). . . Always know who you're dealing with.

Everyone is always looking for that good car dealership to do business with, or that salesperson that will "go the extra mile".

Well... This isn't it.

I got the unsolicited email below in the middle of the night March 24, 2021 from Team Chrysler in Mississauga ON.

I have never purchased a vehicle from Team Chrysler, but I have had my vehicle serviced there for a warranty repair. So clearly Service is sharing information with Sales, and they are trying to turn that information into sales leads.

Not only did this salesperson just "phone it in" he didn't even try!
The blatant lack of attention to detail (open 9:00am to 7:30am?) but the complete disregard for what the phony email from his general manager said is laughable.

This guy was A MONTH LATE if he was even trying to have me believe this garbage! If they really needed to buy my vehicle from me by February 28, why are they only contacting me about it on March 24?

He did go so far as to try to use the pandemic as an excuse to offer me a "huge discount".

It's EXACTLY this kind of half-baked effort that gives automotive salespeople a bad name. If you're going to be dishonest and disingenuous from the start of a "cold call" you're not getting off on the right foot.

Needless to say I will NOT be buying a vehicle from this clown, (Robert Levy) nor dealing with Team Chrysler for any future purchases.
If their general manager (Kian Yousefi) also lets this kind of nonsense occur, it's clear to me that the culture of this dealership is NOT one of providing any sort of quality customer service. That comes from the top down.

Automotive sales is a competitive business, and if someone, or an organization, is only willing to make the least possible effort to earn that business, that should honestly reflect in the least possible sales. IMHO

BUYER BEWARE !
Jeep Wrangler JL hmmm... Some dealerships, and some sales people. Horrible sales pitch. TEAMchd
Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
With respect, I’ve never dealt with a “knowledgeable” salesperson and your experience seems to be common practice for almost every car salesperson/employee I’ve ever dealt with.

I initiated almost every conversation with our salesperson when we ordered our Jeep and the ONLY time he reached out to me first was when our Jeep arrived at the dealership. He was a nice enough guy though and went to bat for us when we talked pricing and got us a good deal. The reality is most car buyers are not “us”. The type of person who’s on forums, involved in vehicle care and maintenance, seeking advice from other owners and diligently researching our purchase.

Should you expect better? Yes. Are you the typical car buyer? Almost certainly not.

OP
OP
Token

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
With respect, I’ve never dealt with a “knowledgeable” salesperson and your experience seems to be common practice for almost every car salesperson/employee I’ve ever dealt with.

I initiated almost every conversation with our salesperson when we ordered our Jeep and the ONLY time he reached out to me first was when our Jeep arrived at the dealership. He was a nice enough guy though and went to bat for us when we talked pricing and got us a good deal. The reality is most car buyers are not “us”. The type of person who’s on forums, involved in vehicle care and maintenance, seeking advice from other owners and diligently researching our purchase.

Should you expect better? Yes. Are you the typical car buyer? Almost certainly not.
I agree with most of what you said, though I have dealt with a knowledgeable and competent salesman before. Unfortunately he's since retired and moved on.
I just wanted to share this experience so if anyone in my area is thinking of dealing with this dealership or salesperson, they have an idea of who they are really dealing with.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
When I ordered my Jeep it arrived right at the end of December while I was traveling for the holidays.

My sales guy called and told me there was going to be an extra $500 charge if I didn't come in
and get it before the new year. After some strong language about the contract and terms he went to talk with the boss.

Called me back later on to explain it was not a $500 charge, but a bonus to me if I got the Jeep picked up quickly. How he screwed that up I will never know

Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
It happens. 🤷‍♂️
I will show my age. I have purchased a new car or truck every 2 to 3 years since 1988. I have shopped around but ultimately I bought from the same dealership, even though it has changed hands 3 times since 1988. When I started buying new, I dealt with sales people who were knowledgeable, friendly, and long term employees of the dealership. They wanted my repeat business and both of us benefited from that relationship. In the past 10 years or so, all of that has changed. Now, the quick hard sell is what to expect. You need to be the knowledgeable one and prepared to walk if the deal isn't right. I'm still getting good deals but it is not the same buying experience I fondly look back on.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
all of that has changed
Yep.

The world moves, times change, people change, societies change, businesses and their practices change... everything changes.

Best to do what you did which was accept it and adapt accordingly.

By the way, that buying experience that you fondly look back on can still be had at most family owned, new luxury brand vehicle stores (Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, etc).

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yep.

The world moves, times change, people change, societies change, businesses and their practices change... everything changes.
The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the third age by some, an Age yet to come, an age long pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning. - Wheel of Time Series

Your statement reminded me of my favorite book series.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the third age by some, an Age yet to come, an age long pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning. - Wheel of Time Series

Your statement reminded me of my favorite book series.
Nice quote. One of my favorite series as well and I recognized it well before you provided credit.

My wife and I both went through the car buying (ordering) process at the same time right at the end of the year; her a Kia and me the Wrangler. She got the great salesman who was both knowledgeable and helpful. Went out of his way, in fact, to make sure we knew what the car had, the different packages, etc. She texted him on a Friday night with a question (and made a point to say she didn't expect an answer until Monday) when she was deciding on options with her order, and he replied quite quickly and helped her through her questions, without waiting until Monday. He spent even more time when we picked it up, going from passenger's door to driver's door explaining everything and even helping with the settings in the system before we left the lot.

Mine, while not bad, was not nearly as good. He really didn't offer much information at all ahead of time, did not really go over anything when I picked it up, was not pro-active with updates on my order. He was helpful when I initiated calls or questions, but I had to initiate. Having said that, I had done a lot of research and pretty much knew what I wanted going in, and though my wife called me an obsessive geek for doing so, I had read the owner's manual before picking it up. So I didn't have a lot of questions to begin with. Still was a stark contrast to the service we got with my wife's Kia.
Sponsored