First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Moab (2018)
Occupation
Software Consultant
I'm looking to invest in a quality hitch step not only for the step but also for the rear protection from tailgaters. This means the step must stick out further than my spare tire, so the tailgater would hit it and damage their front bumper and/or grill before pushing my spare into my tailgate.

There are several I'm considering, but the challenge is finding one that does what I want but also doesn't interfere with the backup sensors. If you have a hitch step AND backup sensors, can you please share which hitch step you have?

I really want the one by Tyger Auto, but even they can't agree if it'll be detected by the backup sensors (see pics). If you happen to have this one, and can provide a solid answer, I'd definitely appreciate it. I don't want to spend $130 on it only to discover it renders my backup sensors useless.

Screenshot_20190123-220954_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20190123-221032_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20181224-224016_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I'm looking to invest in a quality hitch step not only for the step but also for the rear protection from tailgaters. This means the step must stick out further than my spare tire, so the tailgater would hit it and damage their front bumper and/or grill before pushing my spare into my tailgate.

There are several I'm considering, but the challenge is finding one that does what I want but also doesn't interfere with the backup sensors. If you have a hitch step AND backup sensors, can you please share which hitch step you have?

I really want the one by Tyger Auto, but even they can't agree if it'll be detected by the backup sensors (see pics). If you happen to have this one, and can provide a solid answer, I'd definitely appreciate it. I don't want to spend $130 on it only to discover it renders my backup sensors useless.

Screenshot_20190123-220954_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20190123-221032_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20181224-224016_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Did you ever find anything? I'm also looking something similar.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR