First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (ordered 9/16)
Occupation
MT
I brought home my 2021 Willys Sport last week and on Monday (5 days after bringing her home) she went back in to get the underbelly sprayed, running boards done, and hitch put on. I had the tow package all done at build so I was under the impression it was a straightforward procedure putting the hitch on. Here we are on day 3 of them having the vehicle and it's still not ready. They told me on Monday afternoon it was ready and I got halfway to the dealership (45 minutes away) and they called and said oh no it wont be ready until tomorrow (Tuesday) as they didnt have the wiring in. It so say came in on Tuesday morning and after calling them midafternoon they said they would call when it was ready. 530 came and went and no call. Called this morning at 930 (day 3) and they said it was just being taken into the shop now so would be a couple of hours. Called at 1 and they said the mechanics were just coming back from lunch and it was a long job because they had never done a 2021 before. Is it really that different???? He said he would call me and give me an hours notice of it being done but my arguement is if its really that much of a job, how would you know it was an hour away from being finished??? Does this sound like an excuse to people????
Sponsored

Zukoda

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Can't speak for the wiring they are doing, but when I added mine to my 2021 JLU it was over and done within 2 hours...

OP
OP
Barefaced

Barefaced

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MT
Can't speak for the wiring they are doing, but when I added mine to my 2021 JLU it was over and done within 2 hours...
Yup I think they have been pulling me a fast one to be honest. I called and gave them crap and they called me back an hour later to say an hour heads up for it being ready. I dont think they even started it until I started kicking up.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
@Barefaced,

Jo, I recently had the dealership install the tow package on my 2019 Sport S. Took them four hours after I dropped it off.

The wire routing is kind of a pain in the ass and is exactly why I let them do it. Their labor is certainly not cheap.

However, they did a good job and I'm happy with the result.

Jay

OP
OP
Barefaced

Barefaced

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MT
@Barefaced,

Jo, I recently had the dealership install the tow package on my 2019 Sport S. Took them four hours after I dropped it off.

The wire routing is kind of a pain in the ass and is exactly why I let them do it. Their labor is certainly not cheap.

However, they did a good job and I'm happy with the result.

Jay
Thankfully I didn't pay a dime for installation as it was part of the new build. Had they been charging me then yes I would have had something to say. Someone not connected with the dealership has told me that the ones for the 2021s have instructions to rival Ikea flat-pack instructions so say no more there lol That being said though, I do believe they didn't start on it until a longtime after they were supposed to.
Sponsored