Sponsored

Hitch Hauler Luggage

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Anyone store gear on a hitch hauler for camping/longer trips? I did it this past summer - ratchet strapped a 100 gallon plastic tote to the hitch hauler when I had 4 people camping for 3 nights.

Obviously you need to watch the ground clearance on it, but it shouldn't have many issues in overlanding applications.

Curious what type of container you use to store stuff in. Pics and other ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
Sponsored

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Mine is rated to 500lbs. Usually for road trips we have a smaller cooler that fits 72 cans along with a large tupperware style container with a sealed lid. We found the largest available at Home Depot that fit like a glove. I typically wrap it with a tarp then bring out the ratchet straps. I've added foldable lawn chairs on top of the container and even traveled 1000+ miles with all that AND our radio flyer on top too. Bring extra straps just in case and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tie the loose straps so they aren't flagging down the highway. Safe travels!

Sponsored

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Wow, you put 850 pounds of water on yours? I just have a cheap cargo basket, I don't think mine could handle that kind of weight, I just use it to put the bulky camping items.
It was a 100 gallon storage container, not filled with water but camping gear.