Sponsored

Hinge mounted recovery board option for JL’s?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m looking for a hinge mounted recovery board mount for the JL like GP has for the JK only (for some reason).
Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Id be interested to see what you come up with. I've just been throwing mine in the back
I would but we’re planning a trip where space is at a premium. Also, if I get them muddy, it would be great to not bring all of that inside.

If the roof could hold up, I found a mount that I think could be made to mount directly to it. I shouldn’t need a rack or cross bars just for 2-4 recovery boards. Smh

For fuel, I’m looking at the Rebel Rotopax window replacement panels.

Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I would but we’re planning a trip where space is at a premium. Also, if I get them muddy, it would be great to not bring all of that inside.

If the roof could hold up, I found a mount that I think could be made to mount directly to it. I shouldn’t need a rack or cross bars just for 2-4 recovery boards. Smh

For fuel, I’m looking at the Rebel Rotopax window replacement panels.
I have seen some that mount to the spare tire as well as some that mount to the hard top side windows that are pretty sleek. Don't remember the brand but I do recall them coming at a premium

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
this guy is working on a spare mount for fuel and recovery boards, looks promising..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-rotopax-caddie.56729/
I think it looks like a great option for those with a bumper mounted tire carrier or, at minimum, an aftermarket hinge replacing system for the tailgate. I don’t like how far it is from the tailgate and how much leverage it would have on the magnesium sheet metal section with the stock or even the Mopar tailgate reinforcement.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Problem solving....

Where to put extra fuel and my dirty recovery boards.

I’m thinking Velcro straps for retaining the boards up there and using the unusual handles on the Rightline Gear recovery board bag itself too.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hinge mounted recovery board option for JL’s? 0CA1D541-6BBB-4B47-A9AB-539BC1EC7A16

Jeep Wrangler JL Hinge mounted recovery board option for JL’s? 7BB70BCE-2BD1-49F6-881E-4C8D46AF22D8
Sponsored