Sponsored

Hikeit 9 throttle controller setting for daily driver?

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Hello guys, just ordered a hikeit 9 what is everybody’s opinion on daily driving? What is the best setting for a daily driver?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hello guys, just ordered a hikeit 9 what is everybody’s opinion on daily driving? What is the best setting for a daily driver?
@BigBruse

I'll let other's tell you what they run with....

Some hints from me though .......

When you go to do the install.... Turn the JL off, open the driver's door and then take the fob far far away from the JL..... like across the house. 8-) Wait say 10 min. and then proceed with the install.

When you go to disconnect the connector on the JL, so you can do the install, ..... do not tug on the wires at the connector at all... Guys have accidentally pulled wires out of the connector...

Now, enjoy that throttle controller..... BUT, just remember to never do a mode change while actively pushing on / using the gas pedal or you risk (won't always happen) going right into "limp mode" and then you have issues...

The preceding is relative to throttle controllers in general in regard to the JL and JT. Not specific to the HIKEit X9.

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
@BigBruse

I'll let other's tell you what they run with....

Some hints from me though .......

When you go to do the install. Turn the JL off, open the driver's door and then take the fob far far away from the JL..... like across the house. 8-) Then proceed with the install.

When you go to disconnect the connector on the JL, so you can do the install, ..... do not tug on the wires at the connector at all... Guys have accidentally pulled wires out of the connector...

Now, enjoy that throttle controller..... BUT, just remember to never do a mode change while actively pushing on / using the gas pedal or you risk (won't always happen) going right into "limp mode" and then you have issues...

The preceding is relative to throttle controllers in general in regard to the JL and JT. Not specific to the HIKEit X9.

Awesome thanks for the info !

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Does the HIKEit have Bluetooth capability? It doesn't sound important now, but going under your dash every time you want to experiment gets old fast. If not, and since you haven't taken delivery, you may want to consider spending more and getting an enhancer with that feature. I've owned mine for eight months and I still like to adjust, but I wouldn't if I had to dig around for the unit.

Otherwise, you just bought a TV without a remote control. Sure it works, but...

EDIT: Robbie, I just saw that you don't have an EcoDiesel. I don't think that you'll be happy with a throttle enhancer for your engine (especially if it's a Pentastar). If you also have a manual, you'll definitely not be happy.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
C5. Has taken care of the lag in the 3.0L.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've got one, never had any issues with it and works as designed. The vast majority of time, it's set on ECO2. Have played around with it in Sport Mode and you can definitely accelerate a lot quicker vs ECO mode.

I do like how it has smoothed out accelerating from a stop. The 2.0T engine really responds to the throttle controller.

Does the HIKEit have Bluetooth capability? It doesn't sound important now, but going under your dash every time you want to experiment gets old fast. If not, and since you haven't taken delivery, you may want to consider spending more and getting an enhancer with that feature. I've owned mine for eight months and I still like to adjust, but I wouldn't if I had to dig around for the unit.

Mine doesn't have Bluetooth.....not sure if they've updated them since I bough mine a couple years ago. Don't really need it as there's a control unit which is connected to the box under the dash via a wire. My control unit is mounted to the right of the steering wheel, on the horizontal surface below the air vent.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@rickinAZ

I got my Pedal Commander, free from Pedal Commander... I tested it and a few other brands who gave me a unit and asked me to try/review...

YES, in the end, I kept the Pedal Commander, rather then the other's..... because of the Bluetooth.... (I sold all the others) .....BUT, but I rarely ... pretty much never.... change modes so ... Sure at first I did change modes a bit .....then, not again...

With that said, for the extra hundred $ for the Pedal Commander..... to be honest I would not spend the extra hundred ......and just go with the less expensive throttle controller..

Unless, you truly think you will be fooling with the various modes and just can't deal with seeing and using a little control panel save the $ and go with the less expensive TC.

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Thanks everybody I do have the 2.0 turbo

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 4 Door, HellaYella
I just received and installed the Banks Power Pedal Monster this weekend, install was super easy, I have a 19 2.0 JL. So far have not played with all the settings, but WOW, what a difference in the response time. Will post about it and a better review once I get a chance to go though all the settings and options. Here is link if you want to look at reviews also - https://www.bankspower.com/i-2945-p... GAS||model=WRANGLER JL||make=JEEP||year=2019

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just received and installed the Banks Power Pedal Monster this weekend, install was super easy, I have a 19 2.0 JL. So far have not played with all the settings, but WOW, what a difference in the response time. Will post about it and a better review once I get a chance to go though all the settings and options. Here is link if you want to look at reviews also - https://www.bankspower.com/i-2945-pedalmonster-throttle-sensitivity-booster-standalone-for-many-cadillac-chevy-gmc-chrysler-dodge-jeep-nissan.html#!submodel=2.0L GAS||model=WRANGLER JL||make=JEEP||year=2019
@slainte06

Pedal Commander and your Banks offering have Bluetooth where most other similar Throttle Controllers do not have Bluetooth. In the end they are are all throttle controllers that do the same thing.

Like with the other Throttle Controllers, do not use the gas pedal when you change modes or you risk having the JL go into "limp mode" ....

Enjoy your Banks..... you will.... Do you have an automatic of manual transmission... You will really like the TC if you have an automatic tranny.\.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To clarify a post I made earlier...

In the earlier post I said ..........." When you go to do the install.... Turn the JL off, open the driver's door and then take the fob far far away from the JL..... like across the house. 8-) Wait say 10 min. and then proceed with the install. "

The guys/gals that the comment is aimed at are those that have a JL or JT with "Proximity".

YES, if your vehicle has proximity, be sure you take heed to the info in my comment.

Turn the vehicle off, open the driver's door and then be sure you take the key fob for that vehicle out of range of that vehicle..... at least say 15-20 feet away. Wait 10-15 min. then proceed with the install. This is to prevent the vehicle electronics from powering on while you are doing the install.

IF your vehicle does not have proximity, you can just turn the JL/JT off, open the driver's door and then wait 10-15 min. and allow the vehicle to go to sleep. You can keep the fob for that vehicle without proximity in your pocket... near the vehicle, etc..

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
My question with these devices is do they work to reduce throttle sensitivity as well as increase it if you want? I would love a less sensitive than stock pedal for extreme technical obstacles where tire placement and precision throttle is crucial. I’ve already regeared but still find it a bit sensitive at times.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
I went with C3 on my 2.0 Turbo. Anything higher than that and I was spinning the tires from a stand still. I love the change it made to throttle response.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Eco mode will help reduce throttle sensitivity. I've found that it works better with an auto trans because depending on the setting, it can help with issues like downshifting not quick enough or downshifting too quickly when applying throttle, especially if you have changed tire size without regearing.
Sponsored