GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

No going in there are no free lunches. There have been big $$ spent by Jeep designing the suspension under your Jeep. If you decide to play with that do yourself a huge favor and buy a Complete, high quality suspension replacement system. If you try to “go cheap” do not be surprised when the handling gets wonky. If you feel you “must” change, I’d strongly suggest a Rubicon take off suspension-can be had pretty cheap, uses all factory parts and will fit/run just fine. If this is your thing, be sure you get the Complete set up, not just springs…good luck.
Well Rubicon take offs aren't helping a Rubicon gain much lift unless you meant getting some JLUR takeoffs for his 2 door.
Sponsored

Outrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I just had the AEV 2.5" Dual Sport suspension completed. It actually measured 4" .
On the highway up 80 mph so far and it handles better than stock, 2021 Willys 2 door.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
I just had the AEV 2.5" Dual Sport suspension completed. It actually measured 4" .
On the highway up 80 mph so far and it handles better than stock, 2021 Willys 2 door.
Thanks for posting, very helpful when trying to figure out advertised lift vs actual lift.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Well Rubicon take offs aren't helping a Rubicon gain much lift unless you meant getting some JLUR takeoffs for his 2 door.
Yeah, that’ll give him some lift, likely 2-3 inches.. your right though on a Rubicon it’ll be a wash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Campdaddy

Campdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door jeep wrangler 3.6
Occupation
Industrial Preventative Maintenence
Okay so I've been doing research on lift kits. Still struggling kind of lol.

I've decided to go with a 1.5-2inch lift kit. Because I keep hearing that you get more lift with a 2 door. So 1.5 should be more than enough to fit 35 inch tires.

Which is where I'm getting kind of stuck. Someone mentioned 315/70/17 and well I guess I'm confused on the wheel size vs tire. I don't even know where to begin to look for the tire.

So anyways I'm hoping a 1.5 inch lift or a 2 inch lift would be fine too, but that it will allow me to get any tire I want that is 35 inch.

But then again that's why I want to buy once cry once. I want a full kit and I'm willing to pay for a good one. But when I Google for kits, I still can't seem to find the right one that includes everything I need, UCA/LCA, spacers, springs, shocks, etc. I still don't even know exactly what I need lol.

I like the idea of metal cloak with fox shocks. Or maybe some teraflex with 9550 vss twin tube shocks?

Idk what are some links to some good products??

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Okay so I've been doing research on lift kits. Still struggling kind of lol.

I've decided to go with a 1.5-2inch lift kit. Because I keep hearing that you get more lift with a 2 door. So 1.5 should be more than enough to fit 35 inch tires.

Which is where I'm getting kind of stuck. Someone mentioned 315/70/17 and well I guess I'm confused on the wheel size vs tire. I don't even know where to begin to look for the tire.

So anyways I'm hoping a 1.5 inch lift or a 2 inch lift would be fine too, but that it will allow me to get any tire I want that is 35 inch.

But then again that's why I want to buy once cry once. I want a full kit and I'm willing to pay for a good one. But when I Google for kits, I still can't seem to find the right one that includes everything I need, UCA/LCA, spacers, springs, shocks, etc. I still don't even know exactly what I need lol.

I like the idea of metal cloak with fox shocks. Or maybe some teraflex with 9550 vss twin tube shocks?

Idk what are some links to some good products??
315/70r17 is a metric size and is about what a 35” tire will measure, the 17 on that number is the sizing for a 17” wheel (most OEMs on Wranglers are 17). A stock Rubicon can fit 35s without issue for most normal driving conditions.

What is your desired endstate and plan for the rig? Spacers and adjustable LCAs would net you a good daily driver. If you plan to take it wheeling then maybe you’d want to look into full kits depending on desired articulation. Or are you after a “look”? There are complete kits available depending on your answers and budget.

OP
OP
Campdaddy

Campdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door jeep wrangler 3.6
Occupation
Industrial Preventative Maintenence
315/70r17 is a metric size and is about what a 35” tire will measure, the 17 on that number is the sizing for a 17” wheel (most OEMs on Wranglers are 17). A stock Rubicon can fit 35s without issue for most normal driving conditions.

What is your desired endstate and plan for the rig? Spacers and adjustable LCAs would net you a good daily driver. If you plan to take it wheeling then maybe you’d want to look into full kits depending on desired articulation. Or are you after a “look”? There are complete kits available depending on your answers and budget.

What am I looking for? Well I DD it everywhere. I travel for my company every 2 weeks so I do alot of high way driving.

I don't expect to goto moab any time soon, so for insane articulations and stuff I don't really care about. I'd say I'm mostly going for look, but I want to see performance as well.

There are a few trails in michigan I am looking at visiting but they aren't anything crazy like moab.

However I will be driving it on pavement 99% of the time.

My budget is of no issue. I can spend 1500-2k on whatever it is to get what I need..I just don't know what that is lol

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
2dr with MC 2.5” GC and SteerSmarts sector shaft brace on 315s. I make sure to use the CC on the freeway otherwise I find myself creeping up to 80-85 + mph because it feels so stable.
Which shocks did you go with? And how do you like them?

I'm planning on the same lift, but wondering how the rockshocks are.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Which shocks did you go with? And how do you like them?

I'm planning on the same lift, but wondering how the rockshocks are.
I have the RockSports and Im very happy. Im not looking to change them if that matters.

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
The 35 inch tires will fit quite well and even let you off road but will probably rub when flexed hard. The pic where the Jeep is dirty is 35s on stock suspension. I put a Mopar 2 inch lift on it in the second pic and drove it from central Ohio to Colorado where I went off roading for a week. The ride was very comfortable and the Jeep performed well.

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I travel for work which means I travel on the highway alot.

I love my 2021 2 door Rubicon, but I want a lift kit although idk how one would effect driving on the free way.
I put 60+ miles on my Rubicon daily. Added at 2.5 AEV lift and would never look back. The vehicle seems more stable and adding a heavy duty track bar has solidified the steering. Definitely recommend it!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
What am I looking for? Well I DD it everywhere. I travel for my company every 2 weeks so I do alot of high way driving.

I don't expect to goto moab any time soon, so for insane articulations and stuff I don't really care about. I'd say I'm mostly going for look, but I want to see performance as well.

There are a few trails in michigan I am looking at visiting but they aren't anything crazy like moab.

However I will be driving it on pavement 99% of the time.

My budget is of no issue. I can spend 1500-2k on whatever it is to get what I need..I just don't know what that is lol
If you enjoy how it handles now I think you would be okay with a spacer lift, if you don’t think it rides well now then maybe a Clayton 1.5” ride right would improve it. Once you get into full suspension lifts the money can quickly add up. Here are some options I found. I have personal experience with Clayton lifts, they’re fantastic and the Fox shocks are great. You will either need shock spacers or new shocks when you lift with either spacer or full kit. I am using the JKS Fox 2.5s but these 2.0s are valves similarly. I’ll drop a link to my shocks if you want to look. It was recommended to me to replace my spring pads, the OEM are pretty flimsy, this prevents spring bow that some experience. Others will weigh in with their opinions too, hopefully some with spacer experience. Best of luck!

Spacer lift
https://teraflex.com/jl-2dr-1-5-sport-st1-spacer-lift-system-no-shocks.html
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/fox-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-3-package?sku=FOX-5109002

Full Suspension
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-15-ride-right-lift-kit-2dr-2018-jl
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/fox-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-3-package?sku=FOX-5109002

Optional parts
https://rockkrawler.com/jl-jt-front-spring-correction-pad-18-pres-wrangler/
https://rockkrawler.com/jl-rear-spring-correction-seats-18-pres-wrangler/
https://jksmfg.com/products/fox-2-5-performance-series-shocks-jeep-wrangler-jl-set-of-4

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Wow I didn't realize that much goes into it. I'd be worried about whoever did the work does it properly.

I know I read somewhere that on a 2 door that a 1.5 inch lift will be more like 2 or 2.5 or something.

What about just spacers??

I wouldn't even begin to know where to look for compatible parts
What is your end goal ? Do you just want it big ? Do you want to go with a certain size tire ? Will you be wheeling this thing or just mall crawling ? These are all things you gotta think about.
If you just want to step up in tire size while keeping the COG low you can just split the fenders and gain clearance there. I run 35’s with no lift and no rub. I’ll probably end up with Metal Cloak’s 2 1/2” lift with 37’s.
If you don’t want to, or can’t, split the fenders you could go 3 1/2” and 37’s.
Just so you know, MC will help answer any questions you have and help you come up with a great plan for your needs.
It all depends on where you want to end up and why.
Good luck and send pics when you get it done.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Control arm drop brackets are the biggest improvement in on road driveability I've ever experienced on a lifted jeep (we've owned 20 over the years and I've driven dozens more) aside from a full blown long arm set up. Our 2022 with 3.5" metalcloak springs rides and handles better than stock thanks to the drop brackets. I think drop brackets and spacers with stock arms will out perform most kits or there, even ones that replace all 8 control arms thanks to the massively improved geometry.
Sponsored