Sponsored

Highway Sealer all over my Jeep

Dobro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Wrangler JLU Sport S
I was driving on the interstate when I took an exit and came up to a puddle (no way around it) and slid when I drove through it. Didn't think much of it until I parked and got out. Clear epoxy-like sealer allllllll over the left side and some on the right side. It got on absolutely everything, the entire left side of the car is coated: fenders, doors, wheel wells, door handles, glass, tires, side of the taillight, and side steps. I tried spraying it down with soap and high pressure water at the local self service car wash but it did nothing.

I filed an insurance claim with a $250 deductible and the rep said it sounds like comprehensive (which it is, I didn't have any sort of collision with anything). I then called the Ohio Department of Transportation and they took down the info, and said they would likely cover my expenses (not the $ I'll have to pay for a rental while my Jeep is sitting at the body shop for who knows how long). Will my insurance go up because of this claim?

I'm just very upset right now... Brand new JL and the paint will never be the same because of some careless construction worker. Will this stuff come right off? I'm afraid the repair will be them using some sort of thinner to get the sealant off and that will damage the clearcoat and my paint will never be the same. I don't know what to do, this is crap.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately, if it’s epoxy based as you said, it will be very difficult if not impossible to completely remove it without paint damage. It might even involve a respray of at least the clear coat. I used to do detailing. I’m not a paint and body guy. I wouldn’t do a job like this, I’d leave it to a body shop.