First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This morning I installed the Borla Climbing Touring model on my JLUR. It sounds throaty but not obnoxious that it will wake up the neighbors. I ran it around town for about an hour and on the highway a bit. I'm totally pleased with how high it tucks up and the sound quality. No drone at highway speeds.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
This morning I installed the Borla Climbing Touring model on my JLUR. It sounds throaty but not obnoxious that it will wake up the neighbors. I ran it around town for about an hour and on the highway a bit. I'm totally pleased with how high it tucks up and the sound quality. No drone at highway speeds.
could you take a video or describe how much louder over stock a cold start is? I’m in a non ideal scenario where my condo garages face each other with the living areas staking 3 stories high. Basically anything much louder than stock will potentially echo on cold starts when the motor runs rich for those first couple minutes.

Msilvs777

First Name
Silver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Rough Country dual exhaust for our 2.0 sounds pretty decent and looks great! Much smaller than the factory trash can

IMG_20200813_134059.jpg

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Ordered the Magnaflow from Northridge today. Little pricey, but fyi, the forum discount knocks off 15%

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
What would be the quietest hi tuck? If there even is such a thing
I don't think there is such thing. All of the ones I've heard, including the MBRP one I have, use a simple resonator. They sound like wheezing turds.

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What would be the quietest hi tuck? If there even is such a thing
I believe the "quietest" option is going to be the Borla climbing touring model. Careful not to accidentally confuse it with the Sport model. Doing some picture comparisons it does seem borla puts a little bigger resonator on the mid pipe compared to others.

This is likely the direction i'm headed. I honestly have no desire to change up the sound of the stock exhaust as I like a quiet car (i'm getting old i guess), however the weight savings seems to be material. As of now between adding steel bumper and steel sliders, I'm at a net gain of 86 lbs. Hoping the borla will bring me down to a net gain of 50 lbs or less.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
thanks for chiming in, I will have to check out some of your guys options. High tuck isn't mandatory. Just seemed like the most cost effective weight savings.
thanks!
To be honest, even our standard MF-Series kits shave a good amount of weight from the factory muffler. That thing is chunky.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I believe the "quietest" option is going to be the Borla climbing touring model. Careful not to accidentally confuse it with the Sport model. Doing some picture comparisons it does seem borla puts a little bigger resonator on the mid pipe compared to others.

This is likely the direction i'm headed. I honestly have no desire to change up the sound of the stock exhaust as I like a quiet car (i'm getting old i guess), however the weight savings seems to be material. As of now between adding steel bumper and steel sliders, I'm at a net gain of 86 lbs. Hoping the borla will bring me down to a net gain of 50 lbs or less.
I read somewhere that people were adding resonators to the Borla Climber Touring to make it even quieter

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I have AFE 3" Hi-Tuck 409. No drone. Barely louder than stock. Well made. 10lbs lighter than stock. Honestly I can't tell the difference most of the time sound wise. I'd say a cold start is negligible.

Jeep Wrangler JL High Tuck Exhaust opinions, please 1602759458540

Jeep Wrangler JL High Tuck Exhaust opinions, please 1602759473634

Jeep Wrangler JL High Tuck Exhaust opinions, please 1602759488689

Sponsored

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have AFE 3" Hi-Tuck 409. No drone. Barely louder than stock. Well made. 10lbs lighter than stock. Honestly I can't tell the difference most of the time sound wise. I'd say a cold start is negligible.

I like the clean low profile look, i'll have to add this to my list, thank you!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Now if they will only release the 2-door version...
AFE cat back is the same between the 2 door and 4 door. the difference is the intermediate pipe (which you don't replace). So its not really a cat-back kit, its an intermediate pipe back kit. I dont know if most kits are replacing the intermediate pipe but that would also eliminate the factory resonator.

jawsATL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Granite Metallic Sahara
Ordered the Magnaflow from Northridge today. Little pricey, but fyi, the forum discount knocks off 15%
How do we get the forum discount?
Sponsored