High Steer on 2018 JL with Dynatrac ProRock 44 Axle

Er17165

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Hi, new member here with a question. I ordered a pro rock 44 axle for my 2018 Jeep JLU Sport S and will install a 3.5 inch Rock Krawler lift at the same time. I plan to go high steer as well. If I flip my drag link, do I need to relocate the track bar with a new bracket? Dynatrac says their track bar bracket is high enough to not require any bracket, but I want to make sure it will work.. Has anyone done high steer on the pro rock and can confirm? I plan to install Reid High Steer Knuckles and will be running 37’s. Thanks!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, new member here with a question. I ordered a pro rock 44 axle for my 2018 Jeep JLU Sport S and will install a 3.5 inch Rock Krawler lift at the same time. I plan to go high steer as well. If I flip my drag link, do I need to relocate the track bar with a new bracket? Dynatrac says their track bar bracket is high enough to not require any bracket, but I want to make sure it will work.. Has anyone done high steer on the pro rock and can confirm? I plan to install Reid High Steer Knuckles and will be running 37’s. Thanks!
At 3.5” lift there’s no reason to run flipped drag link…. The RK lift is so flexible that you’ll have to run so much bump stop to keep from hitting the frame that you will be restricting the lift…… If you’re set on running it flipped then I’d wait and see how high their TB bracket is first before getting a relocation bracket….. just make sure the TB and DL are parallel with each other……oh yeah…. Welcome to the board…….✌

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
As Roky said, there’s no reason to run a flipped drag link on that sized lift. You really only need one when you are 5” or more. I’m running RK 4.5” springs and see no reason to flip mine. I still have enough suspension compression to where I’d hit a flipped link.

OP
OP

Er17165

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
At 3.5” lift there’s no reason to run flipped drag link…. The RK lift is so flexible that you’ll have to run so much bump stop to keep from hitting the frame that you will be restricting the lift…… If you’re set on running it flipped then I’d wait and see how high their TB bracket is first before getting a relocation bracket….. just make sure the TB and DL are parallel with each other……oh yeah…. Welcome to the board…….✌
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I knew I didn’t necessarily need to do the flip, so I will probably hold off for now.

OP
OP

Er17165

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
As Roky said, there’s no reason to run a flipped drag link on that sized lift. You really only need one when you are 5” or more. I’m running RK 4.5” springs and see no reason to flip mine. I still have enough suspension compression to where I’d hit a flipped link.
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Will hold off for now.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Hight steer is the ONLY way I would install at Dynatrac assuming you off roading often. If you weld or know a good welder here is golden opportunity.

You want to get everything parallel, Track Bar, Drag link, Tie road the whole sheband and and when I say parallel that parallel to the ground plane-axle.

I cannot address your JLU, but have installed on TJ/JK and was a dealer for Dynatrac.

1) To do it I had to cut off the Trackbar frame connection and build my own and lengthen it to get it parallel. I also changed the frame connection to a double shear Johnny Joint.

2) I had to cut off the steering box and reposition it to get the tie rod parallel

It sounds like a major effort it was not at all done all in about an afternoon.

What did I accomplish? Never had Death Wobble AGAIN and I put almost 100k mi on it.

Here are a couple of fotos to give you an idea of how its done. This is phase i, phase was to I added a dropped pitman arm to get perfect parallel and I modded the axle side of the Track bar to be more substantial. Also a pic of my components I used the Johnny Joint, double shear and how I fabbed it out.

Not sure why Jeep could not do it that way to begin with. Jeep and Ford Truck have almost exactly the same front suspension...

07112006142.jpg

08112006159.jpg
Sponsored