• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Washington High End Overlanding Setup (Baroud tent and awning, Rhino backbone)

jdb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Hello, internet friends. I’m switching out my current overlanding setup (a one year-old James Baroud Space tent and awning on a Rhino rack Backbone) for an Ursa Minor this summer, and putting the full kit up for sale.

I am selling the following as a bundle for the absurdly low price of $7000. All together it would retail for about $12,500. Without the hardtop and headliners, it would cost $8800. Price and timing are negotiable, but I would prefer not to break up the package. Note that the Baroud is still under their very good (and transferable)warranty through Adventure Ready.

1) James Baroud Discovery Space RTT, Standard Size (link)
2) James Baroud Comfort Pad/Condensation Mat (link)
3) James Baroud Side Awning (79"x102") with tunnel hole, but not the tunnel attachment (looks like this, but priced like this)
If you bought the three of those at Adventure Ready, it would run you ~$6028 including tax.

4) Rhino Rack Backbone and Pioneer Platform with Quick Release Legs. (link). Note that this is the full setup and includes: 72"x56" Pioneer Platform, Quick Mount Heavy Duty Spacer 10mm, Backbone 3 Base Mounting System JLU 4 Door, RLT600 - Quick Release Track Mount Leg Kit (4), RLT600H - Quick Release Track Mount Leg Kit (2)
5) Rhino Rack Batwing Awning Brackets (link)
6) Professional install of backbone because I was too scared to drill into my new Jeep hardtop.
The gear with shipping and tax from Rhino was $2174 including tax and shipping. The install was $600.

7) Jeep JL Hardtop (including Freedom Panels) in Textured Black with the nice factory headliners. This is probably about $3800 new.

8) I’ve also added a 1” latex topper to the Baroud mattress that I’ve cut to fit inside the cover with the mattress. Honestly, it’s ok, but it does make the tent tougher to close. I’d be happy to include it. It retailed on Amazon for $120.

A full, gentlemanly disclosure: I love this thing and have dialed it in very much to my liking. However, closing the Baroud by yourself is a rather physical proposition, and my wife would prefer something that she can close herself for her solo weekends. It is totally doable, and I've got a system I like that lets me close it in under two minutes by myself.

I’m based in Seattle, but would consider delivering anywhere in the PNW if the price and timing are right.

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-5.jpg

unnamed-4.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg
Sponsored

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
This is a dream setup & someone will get a great deal!

OP
OP

jdb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Asked around and I think I should lower the price here.
$6000 for the full set up. Alternatively, if you just want the roof and rhino, I’ll sell that for $2750, and the tent and awning for $3500.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
What did your height end up being? Been wondering if a RTT setup would fit in my garage.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jdb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did your height end up being? Been wondering if a RTT setup would fit in my garage.
It's been a while since I've measured it, but I think it was about 87" total on a stock rubi recon.

BdG

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Rubicon JL
I have a buddy who is interested in this. He's in Seattle and was hoping to check it out tomorrow morning, if you're available.

OP
OP

jdb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this up as buyer fell through.