Sponsored

High Altitude trim - who's ordering one?

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
I ordered one. I was between a Rubicon and Sahara Altitude (very heavily leaning towards Rubicon) until I ordered. I plan on putting on a lift, new wheels and 35s anyway.

Here's my rationale:.

First, the convertible element of the Wrangler is the most important aspect for me (more than off-roading). I live in Southern California and have always had convertibles (frankly, I'm surprised that every car on the road is not a convertible). Plus, I have two young kids, so the idea of 4-door convertible is great. I love the sky-one touch.

Second, while I'm outdoors all the time, I don't plan on doing any serious off roading. All the trails that I'll face a Sahara with better wheels can handle.

Third, I was going to add all of the options that are in the high altitude package anyway (LEDs, both safeties, proximity, color fenders, leather, 8.4'') to either the Sahara Altitude or Rubicon anyway. If you are going to add all the options to Sahara Altitude, you might as well just get the High Altitude. I never really considered the plain Sahara with the silver accents.

Comparing a High Altitude and Rubicon with similar options, the difference was about $4,000. That's not a big difference, but to me choosing the Rubicon would have been for show since I don't need anything it would have over the High Altitude. .
What color and are you fine with the body color everything?
Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Billet looks great on everything!
Just bought a High Altitude JT in Hydro Blue for my wife. It’s her 5th Jeep, (well, 4 1/2) she’s had a 91 YJ, a 96 Grand Cherokee, an 09 JKU and a 17 Renegade. We still have the 09, it now belongs to my 14 year old daughter. Plus we have my 19 2-door Rubicon manual on 35’s. We went with the High Altitude because it had everything that works for her, LED light, heated seats, the extra auxiliary switches, towing package, Dana 44’s front and rear, limited slip rear, all the safety crap you could ever want, the good stereo, plus the towing capacity to pull a camping trailer. As far as the 20” rims, who cares ? She’s never going Offroad in this thing but she will take off the top and doors, or actually have ME take them off. All that and we get back to having an all Jeep family again. I had to get rid of that Fiat Renegade. The High Altitude might not be for everybody, but it is still a Jeep and I feel better having my wife up in a real Jeep again. Even if it does have light colored leather seats . . .
Sponsored