Sponsored

Hidden Jeep in Adaptive Cruise Control

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Found this Jeep Easter Egg yesterday while using ACC this appears when ACC detects a car in front of you.

20190110_161709.jpg
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Love all the little easter eggs!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely liking mine. I also like that you can easily choose which cruise you want to have on (regular or ACC).
Is it useful for say a 35 minute commute where there's lots of stop and go traffic every so often?

Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Is it useful for say a 35 minute commute where there's lots of stop and go traffic every so often?
Actually I have never used ACC in those conditions with either of my vehicles that have it. But I don't know for sure if the Jeep ACC is conducive to that type of traffic (I don't think it will stop and go, but others who have it and use it that way can verify if it can). I have a 30 minute commute and it is on small side roads mostly where the speed limit is 55 and it is extremely useful in those conditions because it allows you to be patient until a good moment comes up to pass someone if necessary. Mostly I just hang back behind a vehicle who is going maybe 1-2 mph less than I am and I don't even have to mess with anything.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually I have never used ACC in those conditions with either of my vehicles that have it. But I don't know for sure if the Jeep ACC is conducive to that type of traffic (I don't think it will stop and go, but others who have it and use it that way can verify if it can). I have a 30 minute commute and it is on small side roads mostly where the speed limit is 55 and it is extremely useful in those conditions because it allows you to be patient until a good moment comes up to pass someone if necessary. Mostly I just hang back behind a vehicle who is going maybe 1-2 mph less than I am and I don't even have to mess with anything.
I see. Without stop and go I think it's going to be used a lot less. It sounds like it's mostly for continued speed with some variance where a car in front might be going a few mph slower here and there.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see. Without stop and go I think it's going to be used a lot less. It sounds like it's mostly for continued speed with some variance where a car in front might be going a few mph slower here and there.
I am hoping someone on the forums can speak to the stop and go part. Then you would know for sure.....

OP
OP
Ohwillyb

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping someone on the forums can speak to the stop and go part. Then you would know for sure.....
So for stop and start it not good because when the Jeep comes to a cimpcomp stop ACC shuts off. It's great for slowing down and speeding up traffic.i drove my Jeep on a trip and didn't touch a pedal in 4 hours. Traveling at speeds from 35 to 75.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
So for stop and start it not good because when the Jeep comes to a cimpcomp stop ACC shuts off. It's great for slowing down and speeding up traffic.i drove my Jeep on a trip and didn't touch a pedal in 4 hours. Traveling at speeds from 35 to 75.
Agreed. I don't do any real Stop and Go, but I don't think it would be much of an advantage.

But on highway trips it's nice, especially hilly 2 lanes when you have no choice but to follow the car in front of you. I also like how if you hit your left turn signal to indicate a lane change it immediately starts accelerating.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Definitely liking mine. I also like that you can easily choose which cruise you want to have on (regular or ACC).

;)Brian, point of contention...…..

say your running the cruise control in adaptive mode at the same time as the air conditioner.....would that be...

ACC A/C ?

...just checkin'…..;)

now lets further postulate that the A/C is set for a particular temperature that's been met at the same time as you turn your left signal on....

does that get the car to speed up at the same time as its A/C slows down?

...something makes me long for the old days, when cars weren't computers on wheels.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
;)Brian, point of contention...…..

say your running the cruise control in adaptive mode at the same time as the air conditioner.....would that be...

ACC A/C ?

...just checkin'…..;)

now lets further postulate that the A/C is set for a particular temperature that's been met at the same time as you turn your left signal on....

does that get the car to speed up at the same time as its A/C slows down?

...something makes me long for the old days, when cars weren't computers on wheels.
LOL :giggle:

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Has anyone noticed any faults with FCA ACC? In the JL or any other FCA product... I love using ACC but am worried about FCA reliability when it comes to electronics, in part due to lack of familiarity.

ShadyB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a small import that is my daily driver
Drove it back from the dealership over 700 miles of highway. Worked fine, just a little different because I have the manual transmission.
Sponsored