Hidden Jeep in Adaptive Cruise Control

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Drove it back from the dealership over 700 miles of highway. Worked fine, just a little different because I have the manual transmission.
What do you think of ACC with the manual? This is what I'm considering too.. I believe JL is the first and only vehicle currently offered with ACC and a manual trans.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone noticed any faults with FCA ACC? In the JL or any other FCA product... I love using ACC but am worried about FCA reliability when it comes to electronics, in part due to lack of familiarity.
Mine wasn’t working correctly on day 1. :crying: I get a message that the sensor needs to be cleaned or something to that effect. This morning it worked at first. Then it doesn’t and I get the error message. Until I get it checked out and fixed I’m not going to use it even if it does allow me to activate it for fear that it might malfunction while in use in some odd way that might be dangerous (such as stuck on). It’s never once malfunctioned in my 11 year old Infiniti except when the sensor was blocked by debris it extremely dirty (it’s in the lower grille).

ShadyB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a small import that is my daily driver
What do you think of ACC with the manual? This is what I'm considering too.. I believe JL is the first and only vehicle currently offered with ACC and a manual trans.
It's a bit different and it's been a while since I've had a standard transmission so take it with a grain of salt. The last time I had a stick with cruise, the cruise disconnected with the press of the clutch. The JL does not. So I'm working through that.

Even though I own it now, I'm still not sure about the stick. It's about a week old and it is my secondary driver to my fuel miser hatchback so time will tell. I just had a stick in my YJ wrangler and I missed it, so this seemed like a good idea at ordering time.

My advice is to take it on a long test drive and see what you think. I ordered mine custom after 7ish miles of a test drive and there was no going back.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
My AAC works great, and it DOES have stop and go up to 2 seconds stopped. If stopped car in front moves within 2 secs then the Jeep resumes follow. If longer then it it beeps and disengages ACC, you hold with brake, when car in front moves just tap resume button and it will again folllow.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
This is how my grand cherokee’s ACC works. I use it everyday in stop and go traffic. The only pain is if the cars in front stop longer than three seconds. Then the ACC kicks off. I can turn it back on again though instantly once traffic moves again. The only thing I don’t like is if there is a pretty big gap and the cars in front are stopped the Jeep will speed up pretty fast. I usually take over from there so I don’t roar up to them. Again this is a 2018 JGC trailhawk.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Has anyone noticed any faults with FCA ACC? In the JL or any other FCA product... I love using ACC but am worried about FCA reliability when it comes to electronics, in part due to lack of familiarity.
I’ve had ACC in 2 other FCA vehicles and it worked fine.

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I've been driving for 27 years. I used cruise control just once to try it out in a 1995 Probe GT I had when I was about 20. Never felt like it offered me much on long drives and I make yearly 1200 mile straight through runs to Florida for vacation.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I've been driving for 27 years. I used cruise control just once to try it out in a 1995 Probe GT I had when I was about 20. Never felt like it offered me much on long drives and I make yearly 1200 mile straight through runs to Florida for vacation.
So you're that guy!
I was wondering who the people were on 95 who's speed is all over the place.
The world would be a better place if everybody had ACC, locked identical speeds with each other, and just acted like a giant train heading to Disney. No more accidents, road rage, nothing but pure mindless bliss.

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 AEV 350 JK Rubicon 2019 JLUR
I am very familiar with ACC from various vehicles including 2011 WK2. Also familiar with current state of the art systems like Benz's Distronic which will truly stop and go. My 2012 JKR has the old, dumb cruise control which is not adaptive.

Because of the plethora of people on the road who think they can drive and "don't need" cruise control and their speed is constantly varying more than 3 mph, the non adaptive CC is requires constant on/off or speed button adjustment to deal with their lack of speed management skills when stuck behind them. Also there are always the trucks in the hilly sections with my cruise set for 65 and the two lanes filled with one truck going 60 mph and passing truck going 60.25 mph, construction zones, gawker slow downs, etc.

I am looking forward to having ACC in the new Rubi. With the number of idiots on the roads nowadays, everything that helps a little bit is appreciated.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I looked at my new JLUR sticker and bumper. It doesn't look like it has ACC. Heck I couldn't even find cruise control listed as either a standard equipment or optional equipement.

Sponsored

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at my new JLUR sticker and bumper. It doesn't look like it has ACC. Heck I couldn't even find cruise control listed as either a standard equipment or optional equipement.
Unless the advanced safety group is listed on your sticker, you do not have ACC. All wranglers, including the Sport come standard with CC.

otter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2014 Ram 1500 Limited, 2010 WRX Limited
Looking at the bumper won't tell you a thing. The ACC unit (if it's there) is between the rearview mirror and the windshield.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Unless the advanced safety group is listed on your sticker, you do not have ACC. All wranglers, including the Sport come standard with CC.
My sticker has:
Jeep® Active Safety Group $995
ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist System
Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection
LED Tail Lamps

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
My sticker has:
LED Tail Lamps
You just have blind side warning. ACC is another $795 or so

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My sticker has:
LED Tail Lamps
You just have blind side warning. ACC is another $795 or so
As Majestic said. But the first time the cross path and blind spot monitoring works and prevents a collision it was worth the option.
Sponsored