Hidden Jeep in Adaptive Cruise Control

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
As Majestic said. But the first time the cross path and blind spot monitoring works and prevents a collision it was worth the option.
Thanks. Yes, I have had it warn me. It seems to work well.
Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
So you're that guy!
I was wondering who the people were on 95 who's speed is all over the place.
The world would be a better place if everybody had ACC, locked identical speeds with each other, and just acted like a giant train heading to Disney. No more accidents, road rage, nothing but pure mindless bliss.
It is quite easy to maintain the same speed without cruise control, even on descents and inclines.

And not using it allows me to respond more quickly to needs of rapid acceleration or breaking over having my foot on the floorboard.

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 AEV 350 JK Rubicon 2019 JLUR
It is quite easy to maintain the same speed without cruise control, even on descents and inclines.

And not using it allows me to respond more quickly to needs of rapid acceleration or breaking over having my foot on the floorboard.
Not sure why if it is so easy that so many trucks and drivers in general don't come anywhere close to a steady speed up and down inclines or even on the level.

Trying to hold a speed to within 3 mph requires a fair bit of attention. Easier with a vehicle that has a HUD but still,,, I can't count the number of times I've glanced down at my speed and someone in front of me decides that's the moment to stop on the on ramp or slam on their brakes.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
So for stop and start it not good because when the Jeep comes to a cimpcomp stop ACC shuts off. It's great for slowing down and speeding up traffic.i drove my Jeep on a trip and didn't touch a pedal in 4 hours. Traveling at speeds from 35 to 75.
It works fine as long as you're not in heavy stop and go, it holds the brakes for 2 seconds before shutting off. That covers 99% of the city traffic I deal with. It depends a lot on where you are, here in TX the traffic might move slowly in the large cities, but it generally isn't at a complete standstill. Austin might be an exception. ;)

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Has anyone noticed any faults with FCA ACC? In the JL or any other FCA product... I love using ACC but am worried about FCA reliability when it comes to electronics, in part due to lack of familiarity.

I've had it on 3 Mopars and have had no problems whatsoever. Charger Hellcat, Grand Cherokee SRT and new Ram pickup.

Now that you asked, you'll have some folks thinking they did and start down the line of bullshit we read in every thread. I only speak from my experiences, not conjecture or making things up!

C
Sponsored