Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
This past week I had the pleasure of meeting up with Ted Wiborn and his Adventure Abound team on their multi-month 25,000 mile journey to enjoy our great country. While I have had a number of Wranglers and other capable vehicles over the last 40 years this was my first visit to an ORV park. Hidden Falls Adventure Park delivered a wonderful opportunity for drivers of varied skill and willingness to push their rigs.

Coming to trail running having used our vehicles not for trail running, but for boondocking and backpacking I must admit I was a bit anxious. Most folks I know who trail run or rock crawl seem to have pride in how much abuse their rigs can stand. Knowing my views Ted guided my essentially stock JKUR on 33's in challenging ways successfully through obstacles I expected to leave part of the Jeep on. He showed the lines, explained why we were lining up and other than hitting my steps a time or two we left none of my Jeep at the park.

I cannot thank Ted enough for his patience and that of his awesome compatriots: Karla, Angie, Gary, and Bill for showing me how to properly use my tools to enjoy the technical challenges while respecting the outdoors in a way that left my vehicle ready for the road home after a day of ledges, creek beds, and rocky off camber climbs and descents.

If you haven't started to follow So It Begins: Michigan to the Mexico Border to Alaska and Back, Three JLUR and Campers you may want to. It is a great thread and they are Adventure Abound.

A few photos of Ted's team enjoying Hidden Falls Adventure Park in the Texas hill country—

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound 05426BCB-D74A-4B34-917F-734417306179

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound 7DD27D20-1688-4285-BFD5-66B72D4BBB1D

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound 19E3CFDF-CF70-431B-88EB-69F94570841B

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound DD71A88C-1BF5-48FE-8B88-78D5D918ABAA

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound B9B38411-0A69-44A4-B7D0-676C63170C11

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound 9D5D4192-4762-4328-A727-42812E7F209D

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound 5DD55B66-0BB7-47B4-B084-1F25E2C6635F
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
This is Dave. I don't know exactly how Ted met Dave, though Dave is a local to the Highland Lakes area and served as our trail choice guide. He was awesome and his rig inspiring. He did a great job helping the group select challenging trails and enjoying the park in the limited time we had there. I would enjoy learning more about Dave—

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound B6876D1B-550B-4D4C-8894-5B9689B62C1D

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound 96231706-B4D3-4E45-9DC7-FAAF8B2F9EB2

Sponsored

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
You didn’t scrape anything on your undercarriage the entire day? Oh man, you forgot to leave your peace offering at the steps of the OHV Park alter. Next time you’d better scrape a couple times to reset the balance so to not anger the Jeep gods. 😉

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You didn’t scrape anything on your undercarriage the entire day? Oh man, you forgot to leave your peace offering at the steps of the OHV Park alter. Next time you’d better scrape a couple times to reset the balance so to not anger the Jeep gods. 😉
I stacked rocks to minimize any trail rash.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
What trails did you do besides North Pole?
me or at least I did not keep track of the trails we ran as Dave wheels there a couple times a week and knows the parkvery well. Dave reached out to me and offered to be our guide. I told him, hey one Jeep has 33s, so keep that in mind. He showed us around for about 3 1/2 hours before we had to head out for a great hike that was guided by Cornercanyon at Enchanted Rock.

a couple of my pics from the park.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound 52823153-786D-4EE8-ABC3-3CC5A34E27B2

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound DDE37E7B-A60C-47BB-9EA8-6C24E6592C21

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Hidden Falls is a very nice park with a variety of trails for all different kinds of builds from stock to very well built vehicles. Dave was on one tons, 42s and coil overs and he was challenged at times. I took more video that day and still need to look at it before I post it.

Huge Thanks to Cornercanyon for all of your help. You made our time in your area blessed and it will forever be a fond memory.

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
This past week I had the pleasure of meeting up with Ted Wiborn and his Adventure Abound team on there multi-month 25,000 mile journey to enjoy our great country. While I have had a number of Wranglers and other capable vehicles over the last 40 years this was my first visit to an ORV park. Hidden Falls Adventure Park delivered a wonderful opportunity for drivers of varied skill and willingness to push their rigs.

Coming to trail running having used our vehicles not for trail running, but for boondocking and backpacking I must admit I was a bit anxious. Most folks I know who trail run or rock crawl seem to have pride in how much abuse their rigs can stand. Knowing my views Ted guided my essentially stock JKUR on 33's in challenging ways successfully through obstacles I expected to leave part of the Jeep on. He showed the lines, explained why we were lining up and other than hitting my steps a time or two we left none of my Jeep at the park.

I cannot thank Ted enough for his patience and that of his awesome compatriots: Karla, Angie, Gary, and Bill for showing me how to properly use my tools to enjoy the technical challenges while respecting the outdoors in a way that left my vehicle ready for the road home after a day of ledges, creek beds, and rocky off camber climbs and descents.

If you haven't started to follow So It Begins: Michigan to the Mexico Border to Alaska and Back, Three JLUR and Campers you may want to. It is a great thread and they are Adventure Abound.

A few photos of Ted's team enjoying Hidden Falls Adventure Park in the Texas hill country—

Jeep Wrangler JL Hidden Falls Adventure Park with Adventure Abound IMG_5076.MOV

Nice. I have been to Hidden Falls many times.

OP
OP
cornercanyon

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
What trails did you do besides North Pole?
I saw this Hidden Falls AP thread, too. After my JLUR XR arrives I would enjoy joining you all on a trip some time, too—
Peace offerings: like to the river gods on a white water trip? Learned years ago to respect them, learn their ways, and bow to them, not test them. I am mere mortal–
Sponsored