Hi lift mounting options?

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I can't answer your question on others but i have the Dominion Offroad mount and have been very happy with it. It tucks out the way and is hardly noticeable from in the jeep.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I can't answer your question on others but i have the Dominion Offroad mount and have been very happy with it. It tucks out the way and is hardly noticeable from in the jeep.
Can you use wing nuts instead of hex nuts to secure the jack to the mount? I’d prefer not to require a tool for this.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I have that mount, I don’t think there’s enough room for them, even If you could fit wing nuts I wouldn’t recommend them. You can’t really get a good torque with wing nuts and If the nuts were to vibrate loose the jack will come down in a hurry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What did they say?
Two points about wing nuts. There is a safety concern here. The jack should always be mounted with tools. Wing nuts are not as secure. Wouldn't want a Hi-Lift floating around in my cab, if in an accident. 2nd, wing nuts will not fit in the space on the foot of the jack.

We usually include a small Dominion OffRoad sticker in the package. It does not come installed on the jack mount.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I used the Dominion Offroad Hi-lift Jack mount in my JKU. Worked great and did not obstruct view to the rear. The only reason I won't be using it with my ordered JLUR is that the jack has to be taken down to lower the soft top. If you go with this mount I would also recommend purchasing their Hi-Lift Accessory Bars too. Great for mounting your shovel and axe. I also used a pin clip with a bale to mount the vertical jack bar to the foot. It made getting the jack easier to remove and re-install.
Sponsored