tomco22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am fairly new here; I am sure this has already been discussed.
We all love our Hi-Lift Jacks. I mounted mine inside with a Stealth by Dominion Off Road roll bar mount. However, I took it out after a couple weeks because I could no longer tolerate the rattling. I tried everything to silence the jack. I even shrink wrapped all the moving parts, but to no avail. It would solve 50% of the noise problem if I could remove the base, but the base is integral to the roll bar mount. Has anyone come up with a solution to silence a Hi-Lift Jack that is mounted inside the cab?
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I can’t help with your issue, but I’ve also got a HiLift mounted the same way and it has never had even the slightest hint of a rattle, even on the most rough and demanding off-road situations. I wonder why it’s been perfect for me but so many people have the rattling problem? I didn’t do any type of modification to keep it from rattling. Stuff like that drives me nuts and I was sure there would be some noise from it. None.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I can’t help with your issue, but I’ve also got a HiLift mounted the same way and it has never had even the slightest hint of a rattle, even on the most rough and demanding off-road situations. I wonder why it’s been perfect for me but so many people have the rattling problem? I didn’t do any type of modification to keep it from rattling. Stuff like that drives me nuts and I was sure there would be some noise from it. None.
Have you used it yet? Once you use it I guarantee you’ll have rattles. Sometimes the new ones have enough paint around the base/upright connection that they don’t rattle until they are used once or twice.

OP
OP
tomco22

tomco22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Chocolate Thunder:
I wonder if I bought the wrong jack. Although this is my 5th brand new Jeep, it is my first Hi-Lift Jack. I got the XT485 version of the Hi-Lift Jack, and it rattles like hell.

word302:
I have never used it. All I have done is oil it and cycle it a few times without a load.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Have you used it yet? Once you use it I guarantee you’ll have rattles. Sometimes the new ones have enough paint around the base/upright connection that they don’t rattle until they are used once or twice.
Perhaps that it. It’s brand new. If that’s the area where they rattle, maybe a few shims shoved into the base around the mast would keep it quiet.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try one of these? I had the same mount in my JK and never heard a thing. Once you bolt that thing down tightly it really shouldn't rattle that much. I used that isolator and a mini bungie chord to eliminate any rattles.

OP
OP
tomco22

tomco22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have two of those exact same silencers on it. I am obviously doing something wrong. I will have to get it out and think a little harder.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I have two of those exact same silencers on it. I am obviously doing something wrong. I will have to get it out and think a little harder.
Make sure you have the jack "engaged" for lifting, everything in the mechanism is loose when the bar is in the drop position.

OP
OP
tomco22

tomco22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
WOW! I bet that is what I am doing wrong. "Make sure the jack is engaged." I will give that a try tomorrow.

ralphgb

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
I silenced the rattles on mine by using nylock nuts (nuts with nylon inserts) to secure it. It's mounted outside, next to the tire carrier, and it used to rattle but those locking nuts stopped it. I do have to carry a proper sized wrench or an adjustable in case I ever want to remove the jack.

Sponsored

UTExplore

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I am fairly new here; I am sure this has already been discussed.
We all love our Hi-Lift Jacks. I mounted mine inside with a Stealth by Dominion Off Road roll bar mount. However, I took it out after a couple weeks because I could no longer tolerate the rattling. I tried everything to silence the jack. I even shrink wrapped all the moving parts, but to no avail. It would solve 50% of the noise problem if I could remove the base, but the base is integral to the roll bar mount. Has anyone come up with a solution to silence a Hi-Lift Jack that is mounted inside the cab?
I got the Dominion Offroad roll bar mount for Christmas. I hooked a bungie cord to the "Long runner" and hooked the other end to the metal D ring in the floor directly behind the driver's side second seat. Select a bungie length that will be stretched to its extreme such that it locks down the long runner and all the noise making parts with maximum force. I routed the bungie from the Hi-Lift long runner then down between the roll bar and the left side rear window and then down the the D ring in the floor. The tension is enough to kill 90% of the noise.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I just installed mine today, its a simple and easy fix to keep this jack quiet and rattle free.
I used a wooden door shim wedged in the jack.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hi-Lift Jack Rattles 62B5E06D-864D-48A7-BDFB-7CE3F602B438
Jeep Wrangler JL Hi-Lift Jack Rattles CECD0D53-9AA1-4FD3-A454-7F42073C8E47

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I bought a 12 pack of assorted small bungee cords and used them all but the jack is quiet. I have the exact same mount as OP. Also have my shovel and axe mounted with jack.

UTExplore

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I purchased 3 large pink erasers from Staples. I modified one with a box cutter and put same same spot as the other poster place the wood shim.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hi-Lift Jack Rattles 1610125018102

I also stuffed one inside the inside of the jacking mechanism.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hi-Lift Jack Rattles 1610125270217

I also have a bungie fastened to one the D ring in the floor behind the second row seat connected to the jacking mechanism.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hi-Lift Jack Rattles 1610125455255
Sponsored