First Name
TOTO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU WRANGLER 4DOOR/
Hi~ I'm korean.
I'm riding a wrangler in Korea.

(I don't speak English well, but please understand.)

Why did I come to this forum from Korea?
I'm writing... because I want to ask locals about Gobi roofrack.

I saw a gobi roof rack on the roof of a nice wrangler on google.
That roof rack is called gobi roofrack.

But I ordered it and shipped it to Korea
It costs a lot.
Because it looks so nice, I placed a purchase order through a Korean agent.

I ordered it last September............

They said it took 8 weeks before ordering for the first time.
I made an order.
It takes 12 weeks.

but....
Now it's March 2021

They don't reply by e-mail anymore.

Is the product late because I am Korean?
Or is the company a little late?

Can someone with experience tell the story?
Sponsored

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
Gobi is a very good rack. Talk to the Korean Agent that helped you with the order. Do you have legal options with the Korean Agent to get your money back?

OP
OP
BK SEO

BK SEO

First Name
TOTO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU WRANGLER 4DOOR/
Gobi is a very good rack. Talk to the Korean Agent that helped you with the order. Do you have legal options with the Korean Agent to get your money back?
I want to get products rather than money.
until now

Sponsored

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

If Gobi has no record of a purchase from Korea sounds like you got taken by whoever you contracted with in Korea. Have no idea how you'd go about getting your money back from them or what your consumer protection laws are like..

I've ordered stuff from overseas supplier directly without a problem. Did have to go down to the docks and pick up the parts but suppose you could use a freight forwarder who would take care of that end. It was juste easier for me to deal directly and do the grunt work of picking them up since they were shipped to the port city I was living in.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Here you would normally report it to your credit card company and they would get your money back. Hopefully you can do the same.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
My gobi rack in the states took 12 weeks as well, and they don't communicate very well. A set of awning brackets took about 15 weeks from them and received no reply to 3 emails asking for order status checks. if you received the original order confirmation I wouldn't worry about it, I'd say your order was good. Gobi also doesnt process the payment until a few days before the order ships.

OP
OP
BK SEO

BK SEO

First Name
TOTO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU WRANGLER 4DOOR/
My gobi rack in the states took 12 weeks as well, and they don't communicate very well. A set of awning brackets took about 15 weeks from them and received no reply to 3 emails asking for order status checks. if you received the original order confirmation I wouldn't worry about it, I'd say your order was good. Gobi also doesnt process the payment until a few days before the order ships.
Thank you.
I hope so too..T.T

OP
OP
BK SEO

BK SEO

First Name
TOTO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU WRANGLER 4DOOR/
They told the agent that they would send it in April.
I wait for April again.

Sponsored

acsak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-door Wrangler JL Rubicon (Manual Transmission)
I ordered a Gobi rack in July of 2020. I'm still waiting for it 8 months later with a big trip planned in two months.

I would advise you not to get too excited when they say that the rack will ship in April. They are very, very far behind on orders. These days I call them about once a week and they're still working on July orders from 2020. Any time they've given me a shipping date that day comes and goes and they never contact me - I have to contact them.

I've spoken with Gobi on the phone many times. They often tell me, "It looks like the rack will be shipped out in two weeks", or, "It looks like it's ready to ship on Monday," or, "It looks like it will ship on the 24th," or, "our Jeep welder called in sick this week", or, "we had a big snow storm last week", or my favorite, "It's ready to go and should be shipping out today!"... I call them one week later after hearing nothing and they tell me it should be shipping in a few days. It's unbelievable.

I hope you get the rack soon, man, I really do. Hopefully we both get them soon. They better be damned good racks, because this has without question been the worst customer service experience I've ever had.

OP
OP
BK SEO

BK SEO

First Name
TOTO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU WRANGLER 4DOOR/
I ordered a Gobi rack in July of 2020. I'm still waiting for it 8 months later with a big trip planned in two months.

I would advise you not to get too excited when they say that the rack will ship in April. They are very, very far behind on orders. These days I call them about once a week and they're still working on July orders from 2020. Any time they've given me a shipping date that day comes and goes and they never contact me - I have to contact them.

I've spoken with Gobi on the phone many times. They often tell me, "It looks like the rack will be shipped out in two weeks", or, "It looks like it's ready to ship on Monday," or, "It looks like it will ship on the 24th," or, "our Jeep welder called in sick this week", or, "we had a big snow storm last week", or my favorite, "It's ready to go and should be shipping out today!"... I call them one week later after hearing nothing and they tell me it should be shipping in a few days. It's unbelievable.

I hope you get the rack soon, man, I really do. Hopefully we both get them soon. They better be damned good racks, because this has without question been the worst customer service experience I've ever had.
July of 2020?
Your patience is great.
I am only September 2020.

I'm looking forward to early April
I'm sad to hear you

It is unimaginable in Korea.
No matter how late it is, it is time to make anything in a month.

I believe that a good day will come.
Nevertheless, because their roof racks are Nice......

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
1 year?????

wow.....

I can't imagine it in Korea.
Yes.
In Korea (and many Asian countries) I bet if it something doesn’t ship the next day and arrive in your hands the day after it would be considered atrocious!
Sponsored