Sponsored

Hey Jeep USA - Give us Aussies a go - we want the same specs as you!

Would you like the same specs and options as the US?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

Dual posting.

1. Hopefully to get Jeep USA's attention that we want more in Australia. Better specs and more options.

2. Just checking want everyone wants for our Jeeps.

Have fun.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the v6 is the same as here, and you actually get diesel engines in yours. That's more than we can say about our Jeeps here in the US. There's no word on when we'll actually be able to get one.

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Got a feeling its our Government that watered down the rubicon and not Jeep. Because we follow the strict Euro standards that the US do not. It would be in Jeeps best interest as a business to have the US spec globally. To save on tooling, weird ADR compliant parts that we will remove on day one etc etc..

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
It's not the government, they don't give a toss, the Ranger Raptor has 33's stock? It's jeeps bean counters trying to keep the price as low as possible. In doing so they've watered down the tough as nails Rubicon. We only get the tough as snails Rubi. 32 inch rubber, low rider fenders, no colour options on the roof. As a result we can't legally run 35's, and that sucks!

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Man, FCA is confusing!!

No 2 door Rubicon for Australia but you can get one in UK but not with the V6.

I have heard that they have made RHDs in America for the mail market in the past. I wonder if they make the JL like that?

Dream idea - import a 2 door RHD Rubicon form America to Australia - That would be awesome!!

Oh well , just have to wait to next week to see what we have in Australia and what Mopar accessories we can get out here.

Looks like a Sport S for me. I like the Overland additional features but do not want the hardtop and body coloured flares. Maybe I will look for a soft top and flares in aftermarket accessories in a few months. At least it will be getting colder when the jeep gets here so maybe a hardtop is a good idea for a few months ( I know soft).

My whinge is now over - Thanks for listening and have a great day.

Sponsored

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Muddog17, the local jeep dealer won't even consider asking FCA if I can option a body coloured roof on a 4 door Rubi, so I think you're out of luck with getting a two door Rubicon. I feel your pain. Jeep sell a super cool Rubicon in the states, but dumb it down for Oz. WTF?
I did read a thread where someone bought a 4 door sport and fitted the dana 44's & diff locks from mopar? You may have to build your own two door Rubi if those knuckle heads don't sell one here.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hey SteveO,

You are probably right:(

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Man, FCA is confusing!!

No 2 door Rubicon for Australia but you can get one in UK but not with the V6.

I have heard that they have made RHDs in America for the mail market in the past. I wonder if they make the JL like that?

Dream idea - import a 2 door RHD Rubicon form America to Australia - That would be awesome!!

Oh well , just have to wait to next week to see what we have in Australia and what Mopar accessories we can get out here.

Looks like a Sport S for me. I like the Overland additional features but do not want the hardtop and body coloured flares. Maybe I will look for a soft top and flares in aftermarket accessories in a few months. At least it will be getting colder when the jeep gets here so maybe a hardtop is a good idea for a few months ( I know soft).

My whinge is now over - Thanks for listening and have a great day.
The RHD JKs were only in 4 Door and in Sport trim. I've seen quite a few of them, in use by mail carriers, and one that someone bought just because it was different. I doubt they'll make a 2 door version though. :facepalm:

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Sean,

Thanks for the update and killing my dream:( no worries)

On well Looks like a 2 door sport project for me.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Sean,

Thanks for the update and killing my dream:( no worries)

On well Looks like a 2 door sport project for me.
Sorry about that. ;)

To be honest I thought they made RHDs for the overseas market anyway. Are they all left hand drive there?

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
With what you guys are paying for these things I’d think some enterprising soul would import US spec Jeeps and mod them in-country to Aussie specs. It would proabaly cost a fortune, but hey, it’s only money!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that Sean,

I am still trying to get info to see if it is possible to bring a JL into Australia. The other problem I would have if it is then when I brought a RHD from the USA market I would need to change the instrumentation to Kms form miles at the very least.

It appears I can buy a RHD drive bring it to Australia but not sure about legality as yet. Our ADRs (rules about what can drive on the road) are very strict. Still waiting for a reply,

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that Sean,

I am still trying to get info to see if it is possible to bring a JL into Australia. The other problem I would have if it is then when I brought a RHD from the USA market I would need to change the instrumentation to Kms form miles at the very least.

It appears I can buy a RHD drive bring it to Australia but not sure about legality as yet. Our ADRs (rules about what can drive on the road) are very strict. Still waiting for a reply,
Well for the instrumentation there is an option to switch from Imperial to Metric in the Uconnect. The analog speedometer will still show your speed in miles per hour but the digital speedometer will show in Kilometers. I haven't messed around too much, but the fuel economy would switch to L/100Km and pressures to KPa instead of PSI. I really need to check this out and see for sure.

Edit: Fuel Economy in L/100Km, Pressure in Bars, and speed in KPH with 2 button presses in the UConnect settings.
Sponsored

Last edited: