Sponsored

Hey Jeep USA - Give us Aussies a go - we want the same specs as you!

Would you like the same specs and options as the US?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
Thanks for that Sean,

I am still trying to get info to see if it is possible to bring a JL into Australia. The other problem I would have if it is then when I brought a RHD from the USA market I would need to change the instrumentation to Kms form miles at the very least.

It appears I can buy a RHD drive bring it to Australia but not sure about legality as yet. Our ADRs (rules about what can drive on the road) are very strict. Still waiting for a reply,
Really they sell RHD unit in USA?

Well for the instrumentation there is an option to switch from Imperial to Metric in the Uconnect. The analog speedometer will still show your speed in miles per hour but the digital speedometer will show in Kilometers. I haven't messed around too much, but the fuel economy would switch to L/100Km and pressures to KPa instead of PSI. I really need to check this out and see for sure.

Edit: Fuel Economy in L/100Km, Pressure in Bars, and speed in KPH with 2 button presses in the UConnect settings.
Oddly- most people still use PSI for tyre pressure. i would not know would 2 bar from a bar of soap, but i know the diff b/t 18psi and 30psi. ones good for sand and the other road :D
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
They sold RHD JKU Sports for Mail Carriers. Since we drive on the right side of the road, all of our postal vehicles are right hand drive so the Mail Carrier can just put the mail in the mailbox as they drive their route.

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
They sold RHD JKU Sports for Mail Carriers. Since we drive on the right side of the road, all of our postal vehicles are right hand drive so the Mail Carrier can just put the mail in the mailbox as they drive their route.
That's cool.....

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Curious...can you get 2 door Saharas there? We can't but Europe can.

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Curious...can you get 2 door Saharas there? We can't but Europe can.
We do get a 2 door Sahara, but it's called the Overland here (as Toyota own the name in Australia)

Overland.PNG

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We do get a 2 door Sahara, but it's called the Overland here (as Toyota own the name in Australia)

Overland.PNG
See that's the fair exchange of why Australia doesn't get everything we do. We have restrictions here on what you can do but many people, especially Jeepers, ignore them; things like lights, tint, how high bumpers can be, some states have inspection laws that enforce them plus exhaust gases, tires beyond fenders, etc. But it appears Europe and Australia have a lot more restrictions plus really high taxes and import duties on Jeeps. But you also get kangaroos and we don't, so bright side for you.

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
See that's the fair exchange of why Australia doesn't get everything we do. We have restrictions here on what you can do but many people, especially Jeepers, ignore them; things like lights, tint, how high bumpers can be, some states have inspection laws that enforce them plus exhaust gases, tires beyond fenders, etc. But it appears Europe and Australia have a lot more restrictions plus really high taxes and import duties on Jeeps. But you also get kangaroos and we don't, so bright side for you.
Wish we got the two door Rubicon. Kangaroos are cool, but grizzly bears are cooler :)

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
And grizzly bears don't jump out in front at sunset!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wish we got the two door Rubicon. Kangaroos are cool, but grizzly bears are cooler :)
Their our lovable, cuddly version of the koala.
Sponsored