Sponsored

Hey Husky, MOPAR, Quadratec, and Weathertech! The Mud Flap Challenge is On! (New: WT wins!)

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for not replying to the questions directed at me. Glad others were able to! Been a crazy few days for me this week at work, and have been staying off the computer when I’m done!

Definitely echo the replies on flexibility and install time. I’m waiting for a good rain here to see how they do in providing protection.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Greg, NICE TIP!!!
:clap:

I'll do that when I get the replacement hardware for the rear flaps.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Got the email from WT that the Rubi’s were available. Ordered them last week. $62 for the set. Will advise on any other tips

OP
OP

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stickerhead, nice price! I paid $79.90 direct form WT for mine. Did you order direct or from a distributor?

Thanks!

MH

Furnmed 49

First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler sahara
Stickerhead, nice price! I paid $79.90 direct form WT for mine. Did you order direct or from a distributor?

Thanks!

MH
So I ordered these from the Canadian Weathertech warehouse yesterday and 24 hrs later they send me an email saying not in stock in Canada but will ship in 2 to 4 weeks how sad is that when we are only 300 miles away from the US warehouse .

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Stickerhead. Looks I paid more via dealing direct. The 2018 Rubicon version was so new, I didn't even think to shop via google or other search engines. But they did deliver. (Except for the chintzy u-clips, with replacements on the way...)

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I provided them with part numbers and they ordered them for me.

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
20191014_165548.jpg
20191014_165527.jpg

If your really concerned about it they are easily removable. Just 2 screws to remove from each of the rears and 4 screes from each of the front. So you could remove all 4 in around 5 minutes.
Hey does. the top Uclip attach to the plastic fender liner or to the fender? I cant seem to attach it without breaking the clips

OP
OP

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gellie, are you talking front or rear mud flap? The front mudflap's top uclip attached to the fender liner.

The rear mudflap's top uclip is supposed to attach to the fender liner, I believe, per the instructions. The top screw and uclip are what is supposed to hold everything together. And yes, it was the top uclip that broke on me, apparently the same experience you had.

Breaking clips I hope is not a design issue...

Still waiting on replacement hardware from WeatherTech. The order confirmation said ship "Best Way." Whatever that means...

MH

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Gellie, are you talking front or rear mud flap? The front mudflap's top uclip attached to the fender liner.

The rear mudflap's top uclip is supposed to attach to the fender liner, I believe, per the instructions. The top screw and uclip are what is supposed to hold everything together. And yes, it was the top uclip that broke on me, apparently the same experience you had.

Breaking clips I hope is not a design issue...

Still waiting on replacement hardware from WeatherTech. The order confirmation said ship "Best Way." Whatever that means...

MH
Yea,talking about rear top clip. Broke 3 on the top and one on the bottom. Not impressed with the quality of them. Instructions are pretty bad. And TBH, the could have easily incorporated the OEM bottom clip. A real PITA to remove.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Yea,talking about rear top clip. Broke 3 on the top and one on the bottom. Not impressed with the quality of them. Instructions are pretty bad. And TBH, the could have easily incorporated the OEM bottom clip. A real PITA to remove.
Rear Top clips broke on me also ...I used the black hex nut /washer and clip that came out of the bottom to secure the top...Then on the front flaps the clip for the outer bottom is useless because the inner wheel well piece that your supposed to put clip on is notched out from the factory?? so i used the screw and went right into the hard plastic of wheel well trim but off to the side of where I pulled the rivet out.....Whats up with the bad clips and engineering Weathertech? Do these people actually install their own products? Don't get me wrong love the products but getting them on was like having a root canal!

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Rear Top clips broke on me also ...I used the black hex nut /washer and clip that came out of the bottom to secure the top...Then on the front flaps the clip for the outer bottom is useless because the inner wheel well piece that your supposed to put clip on is notched out from the factory?? so i used the screw and went right into the hard plastic of wheel well trim but off to the side of where I pulled the rivet out.....Whats up with the bad clips and engineering Weathertech? Do these people actually install their own products? Don't get me wrong love the products but getting them on was like having a root canal!
Yup. Mine are going back. Waiting for a better design. Not confident on the durability of the clips holding up.
Sponsored