Sponsored

Hey Husky, MOPAR, Quadratec, and Weathertech! The Mud Flap Challenge is On! (New: WT wins!)

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Which one of you four esteemed accessory manufacturers is going to be the first to bring out quality, molded Front Mud Flaps for the JL Rubicon (plus now the JT Gladiator) with Rock Rail?

Yesterday I drove across some street water that turned out to be downstream from a sewer-cleaning vacuum truck. It left a nasty grey spray from the front tires all along both doors, lower body, and rear fender--of course on both sides. Now dry, it's going to take more than rinse water to remove the residue. I don't mind honest mud from off-road ventures, but sewer effluent is another story! This isn't the first time splashing road "stuff" has "attacked" my dear Rubi! I'm bleepin' tired of this body spray issue!

I am convinced that there is pent-up demand for a quality, molded front mud flap set for the Rubicon series (and similar fender/tire configurations). With the JL in its third production year and now adding the JT Gladiator, there is very likely sufficient market potential to entice at least one of your Product Managers. Worried about fit among all the aftermarket options, how about an intelligent, well-thought-out design of "Trim-To-Fit?" with the default being the factory standard rock rail? That way no matter if one stays stock or adds steps or bolts on super rock rails or lifts the buggy, those mud flaps are going to stick to the fenders and do their job!

Yes, I know some owners have installed one particular mud flap available out there made of clicked-out, semi-rigid plastic sheet stock, but, to be kind, it looks home made and liable to be easily torn off. I'd be better off riveting crushed beer cans to the back of the front fender!

Whichever manufacturer is first with a reasonable design is going to clean up. I hope just ONE (or more) of you four--or maybe somebody I missed--is working on this.

I'd place my order now, if I could. I'd even wait 50 weeks, like I did for the MOPAR Hood Lock!

Thanks!

The Mud Flap Challenge is On!
Sponsored

Last edited:

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Even with mud flaps you'll have to go to a DIY car wash to spray the shit (literally) off your Jeep, both the sides and underneath.

OP
OP

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Yours is a short-term but necessary response, mud flaps are longer-term benefit.

Jamin55

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor, Audi Q8, VW Tiguan
Which one of you four esteemed accessory manufacturers is going to be the first to bring out quality, molded Front Mud Flaps for the JL Rubicon (plus now the JT Gladiator) with Rock Rail?

Yesterday I drove across some street water that turned out to be downstream from a sewer-cleaning vacuum truck. It left a nasty grey spray from the front tires all along both doors, lower body, and rear fender--of course on both sides. Now dry, it's going to take more than rinse water to remove the residue. I don't mind honest mud from off-road ventures, but sewer effluent is another story! This isn't the first time splashing road "stuff" has "attacked" my dear Rubi! I'm bleepin' tired of this body spray issue!

I am convinced that there is pent-up demand for a quality, molded front mud flap set for the Rubicon series (and similar fender/tire configurations). With the JL in its third production year and now adding the JT Gladiator, there is very likely sufficient market potential to entice at least one of your Product Managers. Worried about fit among all the aftermarket options, how about an intelligent, well-thought-out design of "Trim-To-Fit?" with the default being the factory standard rock rail? That way no matter if one stays stock or adds steps or bolts on super rock rails or lifts the buggy, those mud flaps are going to stick to the fenders and do their job!

Yes, I know some owners have installed one particular mud flap available out there made of clicked-out, semi-rigid plastic sheet stock, but, to be kind, it looks home made and liable to be easily torn off. I'd be better off riveting crushed beer cans to the back of the front fender!

Whichever manufacturer is first with a reasonable design is going to clean up. I hope just ONE (or more) of you four--or maybe somebody I missed--is working on this.

I'd place my order now, if I could. I'd even wait 50 weeks, like I did for the MOPAR Hood Lock!

Thanks!

Check out these
https://rokblokz.com/collections/jeep-mud-flaps/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-2018-mud-flaps

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Swave1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL., Ocean Blue, 2 in lift on 35's, Rubicon stubby bumper
I went with Husky's.. work well..

flap1.JPG

flap2.JPG

Last edited:

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Agreed, don't knock these. They look great and are removable if you want to go rock crawling. I only have the fronts and they are all I need. Ask for the fancy countersink washers and matching color screws for the best effect.

IMG_0350.jpg
How quickly and easily can you remove them? I was thinking about a set for winter.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
How quickly and easily can you remove them? I was thinking about a set for winter.
remove the 3 screws and you're done. They do come with thumb screws unless you ask for the countersink ones. Thumb screws make it even easier as you don't need any tools.

Sponsored

WTequipped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC

Thanks!

https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2019/wrangler/
Rubicon's are available now.

OP
OP

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THANK YOU, WTequipped!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

While I've registered twice on WeatherTech's website for the e-mail update, no information from them yet. May as well order now, but now I have the big choice: Front only or Front and Rear.

OP
OP

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered front and rear. Fronts are more important, with a salted-road-Pennsylvania-Winter coming. I'll see if I like the rear "look" of rear flaps; there is a certain jeep "look" with lots of rear tire showing that I don't want to lose. I can always not use them.

Thanks, again, WTequipped!

MH
Sponsored