Sponsored

Hertz liquidating JL Wranglers - Are these a good deal?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
One of my first jobs was with a car rental company. I would never purchase a vehicle from a car rental company. I have seen the way that people treat rental vehicles.

One of the first things I learnt was to carefully check vehicles that came in with a lot of dirt on them. The dirt was often times used to cover dents and scratches to the vehicles. I have seen customers with 6 or 7 people in a car built for 5. Speeding, dangerous overtaking, the whole 9 yards.

Nope.... Doesn't matter how good the price is. Not doing it.

Gregicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
One of my first jobs was with a car rental company. I would never purchase a vehicle from a car rental company. I have seen the way that people treat rental vehicles.

One of the first things I learnt was to carefully check vehicles that came in with a lot of dirt on them. The dirt was often times used to cover dents and scratches to the vehicles. I have seen customers with 6 or 7 people in a car built for 5. Speeding, dangerous overtaking, the whole 9 yards.

Nope.... Doesn't matter how good the price is. Not doing it.
Assuming you're from Jamaica the island, I can only imagine the horrors inflicted by the tourists....gives new meaning to "blazing new trails" in a Wrangler....

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Actually, the tourists were okay. They were careful because they were not familiar with the roads.

Most of the scary stuff was done by Jamaicans who lived abroad and were back for holiday or a funeral or a wedding. How do you fit all your brothers, sisters and cousins into a few vehicles so you can all go to the wedding reception?

I was at work one day when a rental vehicle came in very dirty. Looked as if someone had dumped a bucket of dirt on it. The supervisor asked someone to hose down the vehicle before the customer left. They had scratched up the paint real bad and were trying to hide it.

I think that was where my interest in motor vehicles started. I was always hanging out with the mechanics and learning stuff.
Sponsored