Sponsored

Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
The Recon before the Recon....just need some black hood and vent decals lol! Oh, and a bumper hoop.

20200112_135608.jpg
Sponsored

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
But do you have snazzy red seatbelts and a fancy dash?
I do like the red seatbelts. This similarity to my build happened by chance I guess.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I do like the red seatbelts. This similarity to my build happened by chance I guess.
Mine did to. I have a sting gray Rubi with black grill, and bumper hoop. I’d even thought about adding vent stickers.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
CAFE stands for Corporate Average Fuel Economy. That is the average fuel economy of the total vehicles sold by each automaker in the US.

For instance, Toyota sells Tundra pickups which average 15 MPG, and Prius hybrids which average 50 MPG, and Corollas, Camrys, Lexus, etc. Toyota’s CAFE number is the weighted average of all those vehicles sold.

As FCA sells fewer Renegades, Compass, Fiats, it has to make up for that loss in its average MPG elsewhere. Hence pushing for 4-cyl Wranglers.
Not exactly. Cars and trucks have different standards so Tundra and Prius are not averaged together. But yes that is why they are pushing the turbo.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
So, the Steel bumpers and LED lighting - that's cosmetic?
How abot the E-Torque engine only available on the Sahara. Is that cosmetic?
The $950 rock rails that also work as side steps -is that just cosmetic too?
First do you own a Jeep? And yes its cosmetic markup E-Torque is comical and no it does not add toque to the engine only to the systems that produce very little torque and it works with the ESS system that silly people dislike to save fuel. $900 for those steps lol, The only thing good is the bumpers.
But the $1200 stickers and seat belts or AWSOME. But if you like it go for it. Its not for me.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So, the Steel bumpers and LED lighting - that's cosmetic?
How abot the E-Torque engine only available on the Sahara. Is that cosmetic?
The $950 rock rails that also work as side steps -is that just cosmetic too?
The key point is that nothing offered by this Recon package can’t be purchased as a stand-alone option. Well, besides the eTorque motor that is, but that’s because no one wants it. FCA offered the eTorque motor as a $1,000 option last year and no one wanted it.

In the past, Willys added a rear locker, which you couldn’t buy it as a stand-alone option on a Sport; Recon added a beefier front axle and greater ground clearance, which you couldn’t get as stand-alone options on Rubicon either.

This time around, the steel bumpers, the side steps, the LEDs, all can be purchased as stand-alone options. And I hear the current “Willys” doesn’t even add a rear locker any more; it’s just another appearance package.

Sorry if some of us find it difficult to take FCA seriously. But they are the ones slapping stickers onto everything and calling it a “Special Edition.”

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
The key point is that nothing offered by this Recon package can’t be purchased as a stand-alone option. Well, besides the eTorque motor that is, but that’s because no one wants it. FCA offered the eTorque motor as a $1,000 option last year and no one wanted it.

In the past, Willys added a rear locker, which you couldn’t buy it as a stand-alone option on a Sport; Recon added a beefier front axle and greater ground clearance, which you couldn’t get as stand-alone options on Rubicon either.

This time around, the steel bumpers, the side steps, the LEDs, all can be purchased as stand-alone options. And I hear the current “Willys” doesn’t even add a rear locker any more; it’s just another appearance package.

Sorry if some of us find it difficult to take FCA seriously. But they are the ones slapping stickers onto everything and calling it a “Special Edition.”
Jeep may have to step up their game If the Bronco has a strong launch this year and gives Jeep a true direct competitor.

These special editions might become more like these special editions of yesteryear.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep may have to step up their game If the Bronco has a strong launch this year and gives Jeep a true direct competitor.

These special editions might become more like these special editions of yesteryear.
I’m old enough to remember when Detroit automakers were mocked for their never ending “sticker editions.”

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

The JK Willys only offered a locker in the last year. It was not a regular package feature. This gets repeated on this site a lot "oh the Willys doesn't have a locker anymore." It never did, not on the JK.
I have a 2018 Sport S with heated seats. Heated seats weren't a regular option on Sport S either. Jeep was clearing out the parts bin in the last year, which is what made these options available.
That aside, I agree the "Special Editions" are rather soft.

Sponsored

OnceHadAJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow Subaru

Sorry if some of us find it difficult to take FCA seriously. But they are the ones, raising prices, dropping quality standards, not fixing issues, and slapping stickers onto everything and calling it a “Special Edition.”
Is what you meant to say. :)

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Jeep was clearing out the parts bin in the last year, which is what made these options available.
Not really. Jeep had offered an optional rear locker on various editions throughout JK’s run. Besides Willys a few I know are X, Moab, Polar, X-Games, Freedom.

Also both “Call of Duty” (Black Ops and MW3) editions had f/r lockers.

TDog W

First Name
TDog W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Vette, 11 Sienna SE, 15 Challenger, 20 Punk'n Rubicon
Occupation
Chillin
So now is the Punk'n Rubicon Recon going to be a rare build ? only offered for like 3 weeks on the Jan 2020 Build sheet ? or is the Recon only come in certain colors ?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
So now is the Punk'n Rubicon Recon going to be a rare build ? only offered for like 3 weeks on the Jan 2020 Build sheet ? or is the Recon only come in certain colors ?
It’s available in any color.

I found a Punk’n enroute to a Bay Area dealer. I call dibs! :LOL::LOL:

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
I don’t give a hoot why FCA did it. Personally, I don’t have time to play with my Jeep the way it deserves, nor the funds to build it out, so I wanted the best I could afford in stock config. The Recon comes in lower priced than a similarly appointed Rubicon plus a little panache. I loaded it and will be happy for the foreseeable future. I hear the Recons are getting snapped up at dealer lots. If that’s not proof this is a good model what is? I’m not sure if there was a bunch of haterade on this thread or a little jelly but I was surprised when glancing at the last few pages. For those that are looking to buy a new Rubicon, I think you should ignore most of the negativity on this thread and take a good look at what the Recon offers and the price point. All buyers on this forum have reported very happy with it.
Sponsored