Sponsored

Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Looks over priced. For cosmetics
Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Not a fan of the 2.0 engine and
cosmetics tires over priced. I'll keep my Rubicon 3.6 great and proven engine. The Rims dont move me at all. I'll pass

Night Ryder

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 200, Honda Odyssey
Looks over priced. For cosmetics
More than just cosmetics
You get Steel Bumpers, LED lighting, rock rails with built in side steps, heavy duty tire carrier, all weather floor liners, and the 2.0 E-Torque that's only available on the Sahara. That's close to $5000 of useful options before they add the stickers and red seat belts

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More than just cosmetics
You get Steel Bumpers, LED lighting, rock rails with built in side steps, heavy duty tire carrier, all weather floor liners, and the 2.0 E-Torque that's only available on the Sahara. That's close to $5000 of useful options before they add the stickers and red seat belts
I have rock rails,all weather floor mats, LED head lights steel front and rear bumpers & Rubicon sticker
not interested in a 2.0 at all. So again im not interested in 5k of usless add ones (my opinion)
So what does it give me that I dont have in my Rubicon? (Nothing) My Rubicon is loaded.
What do you drive?

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
is it weird i'm curious about these red seatbelts?

Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
I have rock rails,all weather floor mats, LED head lights steel front and rear bumpers & Rubicon sticker
not interested in a 2.0 at all. So again im not interested in 5k of usless add ones (my opinion)
So what does it give me that I dont have in my Rubicon? (Nothing) My Rubicon is loaded.
What do you drive?
I don’t think he was trying to convince you to prefer this over your Rubicon you already own.

Rather that it’s more than cosmetics. It’s a discounted options package grouping that may make sense for someone somewhere. Just like every “special” edition they make now.

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
What do you drive?
No reason to get your rectum all twisted. Regular Rubicons are ok too. Those rock rail steps of the Recon have been very desirable in the past by Rubicon owners. Different Editions are nice for those shopping the options included, definitely a cost saving to the buyer. The Rubicon regular does not include LED lighting, it is a paid for option, as are the steel bumpers. $2400 worth in the lights and bumpers. Why FCA chose the 2.0 powertrain only in the Recons and North editions is a mystery to me, although many owners are totally pleased with their 2.0 turbo. I would choose the Recon edition if it had optional powertrains.

As an aside, I have a better than Rubicon in my JK, just my opinion but I can use the lockers independently whenever I choose and have Recon axles to boot. The JK UD44s. Better yet, I have Sahara steps that keep the doors clean. We all have our opinion of the best way to go, I like my personalized model as well as you like your cookie cutter Rubicon. What I get a kick out of are the folks who buy a Rubicon and don't wheel, or rarely wheel it. The Rubicon is built the way we used to mod our Jeeps way back when. A very good selling package for off roaders. In my opinion laughable for soccer moms and pavement creepers. But, to each their own. Enjoy your rig the way you choose.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No reason to get your rectum all twisted. Regular Rubicons are ok too. Those rock rail steps of the Recon have been very desirable in the past by Rubicon owners. Different Editions are nice for those shopping the options included, definitely a cost saving to the buyer. The Rubicon regular does not include LED lighting, it is a paid for option, as are the steel bumpers. $2400 worth in the lights and bumpers. Why FCA chose the 2.0 powertrain only in the Recons and North editions is a mystery to me, although many owners are totally pleased with their 2.0 turbo. I would choose the Recon edition if it had optional powertrains.

As an aside, I have a better than Rubicon in my JK, just my opinion but I can use the lockers independently whenever I choose and have Recon axles to boot. The JK UD44s. Better yet, I have Sahara steps that keep the doors clean. We all have our opinion of the best way to go, I like my personalized model as well as you like your cookie cutter Rubicon. What I get a kick out of are the folks who buy a Rubicon and don't wheel, or rarely wheel it. The Rubicon is built the way we used to mod our Jeeps way back when. A very good selling package for off roaders. In my opinion laughable for soccer moms and pavement creepers. But, to each their own. Enjoy your rig the way you choose.
See COOKIE cutter is mine and I want waste a dime on silly upgrades to look cool knowing I will never use them are get any worth from them your mods please you and im happy with that also. But again yours is yours and mine is mine. But again if your an off roader go for if not a WASTE to look cool. Enjoy as I do.
Rubicon Recon Mud tires bumpers and some stickers makes your day YEAA im happy but its a cookie cutter also they want make just one.

Sponsored

JeepAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon Recon
Anyone notice the leather wrapped passenger dash as opposed to red plastic? Not sure if there is a proper name for it.

I just spied it when playing with the build tool.

Has that been available on any other models?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Anyone notice the leather wrapped passenger dash as opposed to red plastic? Not sure if there is a proper name for it.

Interesting catch

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella

My 18 MOAB has the leather wrapped passenger dash, I think maybe all Saharas with leather come that way?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
IF they offered an engine choice I would be tempted to place a new order instead of waiting for my JLR which has been sitting at the local rail yard (just 50 miles from the dealer) collecting dust for 10 days...When comparably equipped to my build the savings on the Recon are over $2K, plus you get some cool extras-not to mention the included steel bumpers that would be easy to sell. (I already have Warn Elite bumpers and a Warn winch in waiting) I know there are many 2.0 fans, I am just not sold on a turbo 4 banger in Arizona's extreme summer heat when wheeling hard...What I want is a factory HEMI, what I will settle for is the 3.6...at least for now :)
Sponsored

Last edited: