JLU

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
You paid cash and only got $3k off list? Ouch.
Well he did include tax title reg docs and im sure the dealer applied "lifetime" window tint in that in fairness!

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
Doesn’t significantly improve the off-road functionality of the jeep = no sale to me.

They should have saved the Recon package for the PHEV Wrangler. That way you could drive to the trail using gas, then enter “Recon Mode” which operates off battery only, thus enabling silent operation. You know, like you’re actually doing reconnaissance. They could have played it up with special military-themed software on the Off-Road pages like displaying your location in MGRS coordinates, saving waypoints, a “scout’s log” to record stuff you see, etc. It could also come with webbed cargo area netting and a sunshade. The Call of Duty obsessed, wanna-be military crowd would eat it up and it would help offset the perception of hybrid technology as for granola-munching liberal university professors.
Yes!

I would love a PHEV recon edition! You described me perfectly!

JCJR824

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Don't know how it is everywhere else, but AZ dealerships were flooded with the 4 bangers and they were being discounted thousands. Interesting this model only comes with the 4cyl. Not saying they are bad, just that they seemed to be overstocked and with the diesel on its way, clearance time!

But yes, all the addons are a pretty good package deal, but like I said, when I bought my v6 in August, dealers had the 4cyl in stock 15 to 1 easy. And discounted up to 8k off msrp. At the time, I asked if they were problems or something . Dealers told me no, but jeep pushed them out to dealers in mass believing the demand was there and those were the easiest for them to get on their lots.

Dealers were blacked out from ordering the 3.6 for a while when that Jeep truck monstrosity came out. The only way to get a 3.6 was a customer order.

Sponsored

Deleted member 29342

Not everyone lives in states with no sales tax. 6% on $50k sale is still 3 grand. It's why people shouldn't compare out the door prices without understanding how basic taxes work.
I wish I had 6% sale tax Uncle Sam took 8.875 from me.

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
Funny how folks here are getting mad or annoyed at this (my comment is not directed towards you @Spank ). Can anyone tell me what the difference is between an Jeep CJ7 vs a CJ7 Renegade?
Just a sub package for the base CJ7. There was even a Laredo too. I had a base '83 CJ-7 that somehow got some of the Levi Jeans crossover interior too.

Sponsored

TDog W

First Name
TDog W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Vette, 11 Sienna SE, 15 Challenger, 20 Punk'n Rubicon
Occupation
Chillin
My 2018 JKUR Recon had an MSRP of $52,000, the most expensive Jeep I had bought up to that point, with the worst assembly quality of any Wrangler I owned: a loud clanking noise coming from the A-pillar, a squeaky driver seat, and an overall fit-and-finish worthy of a drunken plant shift.

To make matters worse, the only Jeep dealer in town refused to fix any of it under warranty.

Below are some examples of the workmanship on my last Recon.

Fancy stickers don’t guarantee they get installed properly
nc_oc=AQkztWxkRbI9uej9j8Gu9F1vzEgk0nuuTZvG5BzEWGHvtQ6wjeJ0sQM_GaZk-4JiNWM&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Half-inch gap from the hood to the cowl on the passenger side
nc_oc=AQn4dY77xNGmmMRYFM7v9jH0mfnK4DK7Q9tmrzlAzH4Y9Y3YbNgtQk7-xsycyPOHLTQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
Hi ,
Your review here , of your Jeep Recon is Quoted on autoevolution.com ..

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
LOL, ok keep bitchin and crying.:clap:
Who's bitching and crying? We're all just commenting. Nobody here is losing sleep, pounding massive amounts of Xanax, or obsessively tweeting. Yet.
Sponsored