Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
I am not saying the Recon isnt a cool package, if your interested in its features and is saves money great. My origional comment was that I am dissapointed that it is not really an upgrade in features like the JK recon was and was more of a cosmetic upgrade. That being said everyone that wants a jeep should do it their way. I could care less what anyone else thinks their jeep should look like or be capable of, same reason we are all different to begin with with different wants and needs. I personally knew i didnt want to spend money even on the base rubis I own(3) for features i didnt feel i needed or prefer spending money on after market upgrades that better suited my needs. If you have a Recon I would enjoy it. Jeep owners are a broad group, some just love the looks and what it represents, others want to push it to its limits and modify to all extremes and some of us like to just get a little dirty, get places others cannot and maybe fill in some gaps that we had dreams about when we were younger and could not afford it.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
It still astonishes me how sensitive some people are on here. Most of the comments made were respectful. Not being happy with the lack of upgrades with the Recon compared to the JK is a fair and valid critique. It does not make anybody "negative" or a "hater" for discussing the Recon objectively on a discussion forum. Any Rubicon(or Wrangler for that matter) is going to be an awesome vehicle. That doesn't change my opinion that a special edition Rubicon should be a be bit more special like it's predecessor was.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If I were doing a Jeep as my spare weekend fun thing, I would go bare bones Sport. These are really out of control. Is anyone taking that off-road? Not many I’ll bet. No offense to any Jeepers but I would buy a Macan for that money any day over that. Maybe a used Macan and a used 2 Dr JL sport.
Indeed. My first Wrangler was a 6-speed, soft top 2008 Sahara 2 door. Eight Wranglers later, my 2018 JLU Sahara has every option on the list and a MSRP of $50,000+. For better or worse, my use of Wranglers has "mellowed" over the years.

There is no way I would subject this JL to the type of punishment I subjected my prior --and much cheaper-- JKs.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Indeed. My first Wrangler was a 6-speed, soft top 2008 Sahara 2 door. Eight Wranglers later, my 2018 JLU Sahara has every option on the list and a MSRP of $50,000+. For better or worse, my use of Wranglers has "mellowed" over the years.

There is no way I would subject this JL to the type of punishment I subjected my prior --and much cheaper-- JKs.
back in 1996 my first car was a stick shift, and my 2005 TJ had the 6sp with the 4.0. Loved it when I bought it as a 3rd car back in 2016. I was fine with the stick shift because I didn't have to deal with it every day but boy did the shifting get old in traffic quick! To each his own but I won't ever do a stick shift again for the sheer fact that I don't have to anymore!

I saw a post on a local jeep club page. Someone said that for all those die hard jeep fans with a stick shift and no a/c because that's a REAL jeep, do you have no a/c or indoor plumbing in your house b/c that's a REAL house?? lol thought that was funny

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
So I guess I could have waited 3 years for my red seat belts instead of the ones I had made. Nah! Also looking forward to part numbers for the power bulge hood sticker and side vent stickers. Hoping they come out cheaper than those made by @pixeldecals but I would be pissed if I were him since they likely straight up stole his designs. Good luck suing FCA though. All in all a great package for the money especially if you already intended to by the steel bumper group!
The Recon hood decal with the red tracer stripe is 68510809AA. I don't have the side decal numbers but Pixie Decals look better!!! I saw a Recon in person on Sunday and the side vent stickers don't seem to fit as well as Pixiedecals.
Charlie

Sponsored

EJH220

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Rubicon Recon / 20 Aviator / 22 Bronco Sport
I am also liking mine 100%. I recently purchased this Rubicon Recon, moving up from a 2013 JKU Sahara. The JK was lifted with 35s and 4.88s etc.

I bought the Recon because it had everything that I wanted. Honestly I'm probably not going to do much to it. I'm not going to go bigger than 35"s tires, so I don't NEED a lift. The 4.10s are going to be more than enough. The 2.0 Turbo and 8 speed are impressively better than the 3.6L and 5-speed that were in my 2013.

I may do a few things to make it my own, but overall, it's a great vehicle right out of the box.
Jeep Wrangler JL Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition 20200511_145529
Jeep Wrangler JL Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition 20200503_145441
Jeep Wrangler JL Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition 20200502_164633

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly my sentiments! For what the Recon package offers, I figured it was a no Brainer ......
I am also liking mine 100%. I recently purchased this Rubicon Recon, moving up from a 2013 JKU Sahara. The JK was lifted with 35s and 4.88s etc.

I bought the Recon because it had everything that I wanted. Honestly I'm probably not going to do much to it. I'm not going to go bigger than 35"s tires, so I don't NEED a lift. The 4.10s are going to be more than enough. The 2.0 Turbo and 8 speed are impressively better than the 3.6L and 5-speed that were in my 2013.

I may do a few things to make it my own, but overall, it's a great vehicle right out of the box.
Jeep Wrangler JL Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition 20200502_164633

Sponsored

WilPharaoh

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon JL
I am new to the Jeep family, after having back to back tacos. I bought the Recon because I liked the look of it and thought in the long run it might save me a bit of money trying to get it upgraded to what I want out of it. I have had it for about a month, after having to get it shipped from another state. Jeeps go quick in Utah.....

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I went from a 2016-JKUR to the new 2020-Recon and could not be happier. Old Jeep was built pretty well, but was way over kill for anything I ever did with it. So I decided to pick-up the new Recon as it has most everything I wanted in a Jeep already. Plus the gas mileage is far better :)

I have added Yeti Track Bar, Synergy Track Bar Brace, Mopar longer Control Arms, Rancho front diff skid plate, winch. Plan to just do a small puck lift and should be set for a while.

My favorite feature is the SOT. I have had both hard/soft tops and this is the perfect balance of both. May go tube doors with side windows out, but not 100% sure yet.

Ken~

Ashe-1.jpg

Ashe-2.jpg

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
After looking for some time, found exactly the car I wanted.
Jeep Wrangler JL Here's the NEW 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition F8731F45-1095-4801-931A-52B80BCE51BB_1_105_c

Changed the antena to a shorter one, tinted the front windows, now waiting for nicer weather...
That’s NOT a car...It’s s JEEP! Congrats! (Just a warning, calling it a car can get you banned from the site)