Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. No headaches here.

If you read properly, you will notice I didn’t say Wrangler wasn’t selling; I said sales must be “running behind expectations.”

When pressured by unrealistic “targets,” sales managers are known to make all sorts of silly decisions.
well considering the sheer number of special editions the JK its not surprising that they're making JL special editions too. Also with the things this comes standard with, it looks like a good price for what you're getting, more so than something like the Willys or Altitudes.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I like the appearance but just like MOAB this really offers nothing of extra value unless you were already getting those specific options anyways. It's sad that the "special editions" for a special vehicle aren't really special at all. At least give the Recon 4.56 gears/35s stock to make it unique from the factory.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
It's aesthetically the same (I believe) as the JK Recon. I personally love the wheels and have them in my JKU. I just can't do all that RED on the Rubicon Recon:headbang:. That's the main reason why I didn't get it back in 2017:(
No dig at you at all- I just can’t get into that wheel.

But in any case- I would have thought they would have at least a new wheel or something. But who am I kidding- “special edition” tends to be just different factory combos and stickers. It’s all part of the game.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I like the appearance but just like MOAB this really offers nothing of extra value unless you were already getting those specific options anyways. It's sad that the "special editions" for a special vehicle aren't really special at all. At least give the Recon 4.56 gears/35s stock to make it unique from the factory.
Pretty much only 3 trim levels total. Everything else is just appearance and option packages.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
How are the Recon stickers not compatible with a manual transmission? That’s lame.
I bet it's not compatible with the short wheelbase either.

I’ll just wait for the truckster edition.

98140990-B6F0-45FD-B845-89F1CF115E41.gif
That... would actually make a pretty cool paint scheme. Pea green paint with fake wood stickers instead of the black accents. Would need to add some hubcaps to make it authentic though.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
No dig at you at all- I just can’t get into that wheel.

But in any case- I would have thought they would have at least a new wheel or something. But who am I kidding- “special edition” tends to be just different factory combos and stickers. It’s all part of the game.
Yeah I'm was so hoping the 80th (2021) anniversary edition will be something really cool with unique specs. I'm no longer holding my breath:like:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I guess until we see more data we won't know if the other engines are optional equipment.

5.13s? I've seen a rubi on 37s and 4.88s fly up a hill so you must be going vertical. :giggle:
I want the POWA!! Haha

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The negativity towards Jeep in this thread is surprising.
I really like all the special editions. I was hoping they would do something special with the interior like maybe stitch RECON in the seats and perhaps laser etch it in the dash. I wonder if the instrument clusters say what edition you have like it does on the trim level?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The negativity towards Jeep in this thread is surprising.
I think the issue is that its seen as just parts bin stuff. Bolt ons that already exist and stickers.

The old Recon had upgraded axles that you didn't get on other models.

I think we expected more.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Interesting NON-DEFACTO JEEPERS !

When I say I love WRANGLER- the statement doesn't have any anti jeep restrictions !!

WW.E.

JIMBO

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
So I guess I could have waited 3 years for my red seat belts instead of the ones I had made. Nah! Also looking forward to part numbers for the power bulge hood sticker and side vent stickers. Hoping they come out cheaper than those made by @pixeldecals but I would be pissed if I were him since they likely straight up stole his designs. Good luck suing FCA though. All in all a great package for the money especially if you already intended to by the steel bumper group!
They won't be cheaper. I guarantee they will be at least $80 if not more from mopar. I don't make much money on them at $25 per pair including shipping on the high end vinyl I'm using these days to make them install easier.

I also don't consider myself to have invented any of this - the vent decals were an idea proposed by someone on this forum, and hood blackouts have been a thing on all kinds of vehicles for ages.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
BACE2B72-AB22-49F8-9E71-EC68F896258C.jpeg

I have a cool black and red hood decal and blacked out side vents... it was certainly less than $20,000. I think it was more like 2 cans of plasti-dip (2 x $7), an $8 roll of frog tape and about 20 minutes. :)

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My husband just wants a HEMI. I think that might be the only way I get him to trade in his JKU any time soon:LOL:
I’d say something similar to the Skyjacker crews Gladiator build would be a goal. Their build is now on 40’s I believe as well.

Hellcat motor:

The sound alone is satisfying.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yeah I'm was so hoping the 80th (2021) anniversary edition will be something really cool with unique specs. I'm no longer holding my breath:like:
If it does, it'll only be unique for a short time. The 10th Anniversary Rubicon was special until Jeep decided to offer its parts as a Rubi package a year later. Dodge kinda did the same thing with the Demon and the Hellcat Redeye.
Sponsored