Sponsored

Here's how you update your 8.4 to the latest version without bricking it

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@AnebuR - any chance you can PM me the update file?
Sponsored

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)

Sponsored

tony1kenobi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Jeep Wrangler JL
I just bought my 2019 Sahara last month. Last week my Unconnect 8.4 started rebooting roughly every 3 minutes. I have tried a bunch of resets with fuses etc and no luck. Made an appointment at the dealer but trying to avoid it. I go to the website to update the software and the uconnect site tells me my Jeep is up to date - But my SW version is 19.11.4d! I know I cannot update straight to V39 but trying to get my hands on 22.64...Can anyone help of give me some guidance?? Thanks!

OP
OP
AnebuR

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I just bought my 2019 Sahara last month. Last week my Unconnect 8.4 started rebooting roughly every 3 minutes. I have tried a bunch of resets with fuses etc and no luck. Made an appointment at the dealer but trying to avoid it. I go to the website to update the software and the uconnect site tells me my Jeep is up to date - But my SW version is 19.11.4d! I know I cannot update straight to V39 but trying to get my hands on 22.64...Can anyone help of give me some guidance?? Thanks!

Do not use the UConnect web site. According to their techs, they stopped updating it years ago. Either you or the dealer needs to contact an actual UConnect tech and not just their customer service rep.

tony1kenobi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do not use the UConnect web site. According to their techs, they stopped updating it years ago. Either you or the dealer needs to contact an actual UConnect tech and not just their customer service rep.
Thank you. Do you know how to contact a Uconnect Tech VS the main customer support lines? They keep dead-ending me to go to the dealer (which I am trying to avoid).

Thanks!

OP
OP
AnebuR

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Thank you. Do you know how to contact a Uconnect Tech VS the main customer support lines? They keep dead-ending me to go to the dealer (which I am trying to avoid).

Thanks!
Just keep asking to escalate to their manager. If that fails, contact the dedicated Jeep customer support number instead of Jeep Cares and have them contact a UConnect tech on your behalf.

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Please PM me a link for download. Mine has never updated since I bought it.

tony1kenobi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone has a link to v21 or higher please PM me and send. Thanks and much appreciated!

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wondering if there is an advantage to updating to v39.6 even if you are not experiencing the issues reflected in the TSB?
Sponsored