Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Well said.

I was curious, what did the dealer end up doing to resolve that mess?
There are currently no known fix for the uconnect issues.
You can try to look here to find related issues but they mainly deal with 2018 models, since you have a 2019 most won't apply:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-jl-wrangler-check-your-jl-for-recalls.9784/

The dealer may try to update software, but issues could still persist even with the most recent software.
But pulling fuse F97(uconnect) and F11(usb) can force a hard reset and temporarily resolve most uconnect related problems.

EDIT: Look here as it appears they have a new update for the radio, maybe try this
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/weird-uconnect-radio-issues-fix.18549/page-6

20180418164848-f191be35-me.jpg

P.S. Let trolls be trolls, put them on ignore list and don't feed them and eventually they'll get bored and move on.
Capture.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tjonesy2667

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I hate that they even put start stop on these new vehicles. For the 8 seconds you are sitting at a light the gas saved doesn’t outweigh the wear and tear on the starter and the motor.

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
Backup camera lines vanishing is a common issue after software upgrade. It fixes itself after engine off and on.
Now I have this glitch - my navigation "Mute Guidance" option grayed out, today entire day, even after engine off and on, off for 8 hours and on. Need to check tomorrow :)

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
There are currently no known fix for the uconnect issues.
You can try to look here to find related issues but they mainly deal with 2018 models, since you have a 2019 most won't apply:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-jl-wrangler-check-your-jl-for-recalls.9784/

The dealer may try to update software, but issues could still persist even with the most recent software.
But pulling fuse F97(uconnect) and F11(usb) can force a hard reset and temporarily resolve most uconnect related problems.

EDIT: Look here as it appears they have a new update for the radio, maybe try this
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/weird-uconnect-radio-issues-fix.18549/page-6

20180418164848-f191be35-me.jpg

P.S. Let trolls be trolls, put them on ignore list and don't feed them and eventually they'll get bored and move on.
Capture.JPG
No way I'm ready to spend 3k yet, but I wonder if the new alpine unit will fix any of this or if that is just the display after where the gremlins live

My guess would be the issues lie within.

Still too busy to make it down to the dealer. Ill have to try next week.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
No way I'm ready to spend 3k yet, but I wonder if the new alpine unit will fix any of this or if that is just the display after where the gremlins live

My guess would be the issues lie within.

Still too busy to make it down to the dealer. Ill have to try next week.
Interestingly, I rented out a 2019 Jeep Compass with uconnect on my trip to Hawaii back in September, and it experienced all sort of issues with the radio-- backup camera lines disappearing, screen freezing etc.

So these aren't isolated on the JLs.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Backup camera lines vanishing is a common issue after software upgrade. It fixes itself after engine off and on.
Now I have this glitch - my navigation "Mute Guidance" option grayed out, today entire day, even after engine off and on, off for 8 hours and on. Need to check tomorrow :)
Like I mentioned earlier, pull fuse F97 for a system reboot and the lines should come right back.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
By this what I mean is that all sorts of electronics nowadays do things in the background, some times contrary what we may want them to do.

I recall a similar problem in, 2001: A Space Odyssey

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Interestingly, I rented out a 2019 Jeep Compass with uconnect on my trip to Hawaii back in September, and it experienced all sort of issues with the radio-- backup camera lines disappearing, screen freezing etc.

So these aren't isolated on the JLs.
Were you driving from Florida to Hawaii?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Were you driving from Florida to Hawaii?
Funny if you read it like that! Hey, I think you are onto something. An amphibious jeep. And I don't mean a jeep with a snorkel.

So I drop my jl off at the dealer tomorrow finally. We will see if they have any answers. The service rep seemed perplexed about the AC compressor kicking on in park.

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Funny if you read it like that! Hey, I think you are onto something. An amphibious jeep. And I don't mean a jeep with a snorkel.

So I drop my jl off at the dealer tomorrow finally. We will see if they have any answers. The service rep seemed perplexed about the AC compressor kicking on in park.
Hopefully they get you taken care of.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I hate that they even put start stop on these new vehicles. For the 8 seconds you are sitting at a light the gas saved doesn’t outweigh the wear and tear on the starter and the motor.
Three guesses who increased wear on the starter and motor benefits; why wouldn't they want this as long as the starter/motor are engineered to fail on the first day out of warranty?

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Three guesses who increased wear on the starter and motor benefits; why wouldn't they want this as long as the starter/motor are engineered to fail on the first day out of warranty?
As always, you can place the blame square on the federal govt. Brought to you by those who forced those awful cfl bulbs on us and now force auto manufacturers to meet standards that require gimmicks like the auto start stop to save .002 mpg

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
As always, you can place the blame square on the federal govt. Brought to you by those who forced those awful cfl bulbs on us and now force auto manufacturers to meet standards that require gimmicks like the auto start stop to save .002 mpg
I think I'll blame the company that makes a crappy ass part. The standards, good or bad, is a different conversation.
Sponsored