Kanonn

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014
I also didn't know about that crate hellcat. So the members in this thread certainly helped me make my decision. I won't bother with a supercharger considering the 392 is out. I thank you all.

It was nerve wracking spending the extra money re gearing to 5.13 when I had 4.88 because I never thought I'd go to 37. Going up made a big difference though, and those larger gears certainly help me creep up stuff better. Wondering if that hellcat is too much power considering I'm not an avid off-roader like some of my other buddies. But I mean...man....that'd be badass.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I also didn't know about that crate hellcat. So the members in this thread certainly helped me make my decision. I won't bother with a supercharger considering the 392 is out. I thank you all.

It was nerve wracking spending the extra money re gearing to 5.13 when I had 4.88 because I never thought I'd go to 37. Going up made a big difference though, and those larger gears certainly help me creep up stuff better. Wondering if that hellcat is too much power considering I'm not an avid off-roader like some of my other buddies. But I mean...man....that'd be badass.
If you are not an avid off roader, I don't think it will be too much power. The concern around the power is that it will be a ton of torque on the axles when off-roading and will snap them. With that said, many people without off road experience may tend to push the skinny pedal to get over an obstacle and compound the issue.

OP
OP
Kanonn

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]
If you are not an avid off roader, I don't think it will be too much power. The concern around the power is that it will be a ton of torque on the axles when off-roading and will snap them. With that said, many people without off road experience may tend to push the skinny pedal to get over an obstacle and compound the issue.
LOL! Right!!! 🤣🤣🤣
I remember my first time off-roading. I bought and made a custom gas can holder for extra gas. I realized after 4hrs, I had only used a quarter of my tank! Point is, yes...the answer is not usually smashing down on the gas pedal, but I did upgrade my axles to Dana 60s for that very reason. Most of the time a winch can help.

greenmjeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I considered the Magnuson supercharger on a 2021 JLU before ultimately deciding on the Hellcat. Absolutely no regrets. My jeep has performed amazing on the trails and on the street.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hemi swap or Supercharger kit? 527C1FE9-FC19-4FA8-A23A-430ABBCA2CE9

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I considered the Magnuson supercharger on a 2021 JLU before ultimately deciding on the Hellcat. Absolutely no regrets. My jeep has performed amazing on the trails and on the street.
In my opinion, these just aren't comparable builds. One is a $5-6k upgrade and the rest of the stock drive train has a chance of survival. The other is $15-30k just in engine and trans. Add in axles, etc and you basically built an entire vehicle and probably spent as much as buying 2 new jeeps. One should outperform the hell out of the other.

greenmjeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
In my opinion, these just aren't comparable builds. One is a $5-6k upgrade and the rest of the stock drive train has a chance of survival. The other is $15-30k just in engine and trans. Add in axles, etc and you basically built an entire vehicle and probably spent as much as buying 2 new jeeps. One should outperform the hell out of the other.
I agree. Apples and oranges in light of the significant cost disparity.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This is my biggest beef with the 392 outside of the fact you can't get one without having to get painted and leather everything.

I mean, if you can do this with a V6...

Jeep Wrangler JL Hemi swap or Supercharger kit? D44.JPG

...I can only imagine what the axles in the 392 are gonna look like after a year or so if you miraculously don't snap them apart first.

OP
OP
Kanonn

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VERY TRUE!!!

OP
OP
Kanonn

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my biggest beef with the 392 outside of the fact you can't get one without having to get painted and leather everything.

I mean, if you can do this with a V6...

D44.JPG

...I can only imagine what the axles in the 392 are gonna look like after a year or so if you miraculously don't snap them apart first.
Yeah...I have Dana 60 axles 5.13 gears. However, grinding gears usually only happens when you set them incorrectly or you try switching over into 4WD while you're on mid-obstacle.

Yes, jamming down the gas on an obstacle can even result in catastrophe on Dana 60's with that power.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
At this low boost level, 150-200k just like the na variant with proper maintenance would be easily attainable.
What they claim is physically impossible. The #'s can not possibly be true if you know anything about forced induction.

It is a dyno trick they play.

Sure you pickup power; probably 100 to 140Hp, but not 220 RWHP.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
What they claim is physically impossible. The #'s can not possibly be true if you know anything about forced induction.

It is a dyno trick they play.

Sure you pickup power; probably 100 to 140Hp, but not 220 RWHP.
I've seen stock pentastars dyno around 250hp to the wheels, making 450hp an 80% increase. 11 pounds of boost would get you right in that ball park (77% or 7% per 1 psi if you know anything about forced induction). How long will the stock bottom end hold up to 11 psi? Who knows, but our turbo 4 cylinders run 37-38psi peak from the factory. That kind of pressure on the 3.6L should be putting down about 650hp...or scattering rods all over the road.