sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought 7" LED lights for my front bumper. See the big wiring harness that comes with it. I plan on wiring them into my AUX switches but not sure what to do with all these other things- switches, fuses, etc... Do I just cut this stuff off and wire right into the AUX wiring under the hood? Thanks

IMG_4594.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
thanks to Rhinebeck01 in the forum for helping me out.

I basically cut all the stuff off the harness except for the wires coming off the lights themselves. I made sure the fuse in the fuse box could handle the lights (15 amp fuse) and that they were protected (because i cut off the fuse on the string of lights). There was a yellow and black wire in each light wire. I simply tied the yellow wires together from each light and connected this to the positive wire in the Aux 4 bundle of wires under the hood. I then tied the black ground wires together from both light strings and grounded this to the ground near the battery on the jeep frame. Very simple and straight forward. I was just a bit nervous cutting the harness but it all worked out well. These lights are AMAZING. Not for on road use. Epic light when turned on, no need for other lights on the jeep IMHO. I liked them a bit more than the Mopar. They are a true 7" diameter where as the Mopars not.

IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

392Newbie

First Name
ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Which brand grill guard are they mounted to? Can you post picture of the wiring inside the hood?

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the Mopar brush bar on steel rubicon bumper. Very hard to show wiring. Everything is tapped up and tucked away.

QUOTE="392Newbie, post: 1507093, member: 62360"]
Which brand grill guard are they mounted to? Can you post picture of the wiring inside the hood?
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored