Help with rear license plate relocation NOT to spare tire

NautiMeraki18

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
I am preparing to replace factory plastic bumpers with aftermarket ones. Many rear bumpers I find do not have a place for a license plate. I DO NOT want to relocate my rear license plate to the spare tire option. I want to relocate it between the rear driver side taillight and bumper or on the bumper somewhere. It needs to be lit. I am considering finding someone to custom make mounting brackets that will connect a JK rear license plate with light kit to the top of an aftermarket bumper. I do not want to drill into the body for install, that is why I want to mount it to the bumper. Does anyone have ideas, suggestions, tips, etc?
Sponsored

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am preparing to replace factory plastic bumpers with aftermarket ones. Many rear bumpers I find do not have a place for a license plate. I DO NOT want to relocate my rear license plate to the spare tire option. I want to relocate it between the rear driver side taillight and bumper or on the bumper somewhere. It needs to be lit. I am considering finding someone to custom make mounting brackets that will connect a JK rear license plate with light kit to the top of an aftermarket bumper. I do not want to drill into the body for install, that is why I want to mount it to the bumper. Does anyone have ideas, suggestions, tips, etc?
Warn bumper comes with the license plate bracket. I love mine.
Zip ties because I need to got get some cuts and bolts :)

IMG_1278.JPEG

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
LOD destroyer bumpers offer a license plate kit. Might be able to use it on other aftermarket bumpers if they are flat. I like the built in hitch tucked up over the stock ones.

lod-destroyer-full-rear-bumper-jl-jrb1841-main.jpg

lskceo4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep Jl Unlimited Sport
You may like this option for the plate reloction;
Here is my wish list best prices from Moris 4x4

LOD-JRB1841 LoD JL Destroyer Full Rear Bumper - Black Powdercoat

JBA1801 backup sensor kit
JLP1801 LoD JL Rear License Plate Relocation Kit - Black Powdercoat
LPL1001 LoD JL License Plate LED Bolts
JLB1841 LoD JL Destroyer Rear Light Bezel for Rigid D-Series Dually Lights

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
The ICI Magnum has mounting locations on either side.

hilton_head - Copy.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: