• Total voters

Reaper

First Name
Andy Powell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl rubicon
I have been trying to decide between these three lifts for a while now. Evo we all know and its good just a lot more expensive. Rock Krawler is similar and has a life time warranty on hard parts and is about 1k cheaper. Metalcloak seems to be a little further ahead in the engineering and technology, but the warranty is not there comparatively. Here is my question how much articulation can I expect for the different kits comparatively with each other and which one would you buy and why when the prices differ this much for the same components?

evo.JPG

metalcloak.JPG

rock krawler.JPG
Sponsored

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
So you missed a key point to helping us help you pick a lift, what is it you are using the jeep for?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I like Rock Crawler personally, I have their 2.5 x-factor kit and I have gotten many compliments on how well it rides both on and off road. Full disclosure I do have the 2.25 RRD shocks on mine. For sure they are all quality lifts.I think articulation between the three is going to be close enough to not even make that a deciding factor. FWIW my front end articulates so much i'm going to put on limit straps, almost shot out a coil spring in the rough stuff last weekend,

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

First Name
Andy Powell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl rubicon
I am building to do offroading in the mud and on rocks. Overland stuff and camping but the first trip will be the rubicon.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
So I had the 3.5" x-factor on my JKUR, it's a solid kit and will do every thing you want it to do. Like JimLee said it will flex like crazy and adding limiting straps is a great idea. I say go RK and use the extra money for more jeep parts!!

Sponsored

moosetown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The stock suspension geometry is fine for the rubicon. You can really just do a simple 2 inch lift, track bar, then put the rest towards armor. With wheel well clearance 3.5 is excessive for JLs

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

First Name
Andy Powell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl rubicon
The stock suspension geometry is fine for the rubicon. You can really just do a simple 2 inch lift, track bar, then put the rest towards armor. With wheel well clearance 3.5 is excessive for JLs
wantign to fit 37's on it without rubbing offroad. 2 lift isnt gonna kit it

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We install a bunch of metalcloak. I really like their kits! The only complaint I have and it’s relatively minor is the front track bar. To install it, you have to open up the axle side window because the head on the TB is so big. Its not a big deal but time consuming to make sure it’s nice and clean and ensuring it fits perfect. Besides that, they add in a bunch of things like the shock mounts and shock spacers.

RK makes a heck of a nice kit too and I wouldn’t hesitate to run them too.

Brett

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

First Name
Andy Powell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl rubicon
Ive run RK before as well and the finish was a big problem. Flaked off within a year. Are they still ahving that probelm with their finishes?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Ive run RK before as well and the finish was a big problem. Flaked off within a year. Are they still ahving that probelm with their finishes?
In the last 18 months our powdercoat process has been totally revamped. We hired an outside consultant who brought a ton of knowledge and we made changes like adding chemical baths and mechanical etching, changing sprayers, changing grounding methods, cook times, temperatures etc. Nearly every aspect of the process was gone through. Our current production powder coat is honestly way tougher than ever before.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

First Name
Andy Powell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl rubicon
In the last 18 months our powdercoat process has been totally revamped. We hired an outside consultant who brought a ton of knowledge and we made changes like adding chemical baths and mechanical etching, changing sprayers, changing grounding methods, cook times, temperatures etc. Nearly every aspect of the process was gone through. Our current production powder coat is honestly way tougher than ever before.
Awesome! Im gonna tell you that is the only reason I was looking elsewhere for a lift. Metalcloak is awesome as well but the warranty from yall is far superior.

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

First Name
Andy Powell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl rubicon
Could I get a little input on the lift? I have a 2018 JLu rubicon with a front steel bumper and which as of right now. I have a set of 37x12.50.17 goodyear mtrs in my garage ready to go on my stock wheels. if i go with the 2.5" xfactor will I get rub with spider trax spacers at full articulation with the 37's or do i need to go to the 3.5"

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Could I get a little input on the lift? I have a 2018 JLu rubicon with a front steel bumper and which as of right now. I have a set of 37x12.50.17 goodyear mtrs in my garage ready to go on my stock wheels. if i go with the 2.5" xfactor will I get rub with spider trax spacers at full articulation with the 37's or do i need to go to the 3.5"
With the 2.5" some trimming will be needed to flex 37's, the 3.5" is much better for someone who plans to do a fair bit of offroading on 37's with a Rubi.

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

First Name
Andy Powell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl rubicon
With the 2.5" some trimming will be needed to flex 37's, the 3.5" is much better for someone who plans to do a fair bit of offroading on 37's with a Rubi.
thank you that is exactly what I was thinking. It would require a replacemetn of the drive shaft in the front correct? what about the rear?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
thank you that is exactly what I was thinking. It would require a replacemetn of the drive shaft in the front correct? what about the rear?
Rear is no issue at all. Front would be mostly determined by how much offroad you do and what shocks you go with. If its a street jeep, you'll never have an issue with the front shaft, if its going to see a good bit of trails/rocks etc, you'll wear out the front shaft in the long run.
Sponsored