Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I was installing the mopar trailer tow lighting kit following the terrible IKEA style instructions. I was using Quadratec's video as a guide on certain things, but my towing kit is slightly different in that the instructions tell you to go guide the wiring around the frame instead of gutting the jeep's interior. Well the part I am a bit worried about. There is a section when you have to connect cables to the battery. There is a red cable and a black cable. I assume the red is power and black is ground, since black location appears to be ground. But the issue is in this instructions there are two ways to connect the red cable, once is in the first terminal from the fuse box, another on the second. The first terminal option shows a D symbol on it, and the other one has an X on D. I assume this means Diesel. Mine is a 3.6 pentastar so I went with the second terminal. Quadratec has a video that shows the FIRST terminal, but their kit is slightly different.

Here are the instructions for my kit:

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/installation_instructions/K6864082AA.pdf

Refer to page 10, step 17 to see what I mean.

Do both terminal 1 and 2 provide power? I dont wanna blow the fuse box.
Sponsored

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
I looked at page 10, and I agree. The top picture is for diesel, and the bottom picture (the one with the X over the diesel) is for all the gas engine versions.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Here are some pictures of the connections. Hope i dont mess it up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with mopar trailer wiring electrical connections IMG_20211123_165648611

IMG_20211123_165659172.jpg
Sponsored