Help with dealer lift on 2020 unlimited eco diesel

spow9575

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JWUL ECO DIESEL
I purchased a wrangler unlimited Willys edition eco diesel with 37 inch tires and a 4 inch lift. A few days later the drivers side of the rear track bar fell off. Dealer fixed the track bar rechecked the aftermarket suspension. 2 weeks and 500 miles later I heard a knock on the front suspension. Front track bar was loose. I took the Jeep to a local reputable 4x4 shop and with a little research found out it was not a teraflex kit, but a procomp kit. Got the part number off the spring and called procomp to confirm. The tech at procomp said they don’t make springs for the eco diesel. Front springs are bowed. The dealership needs some time to research the parts they installed to see if there is anything they can do to correct the issue. Any recommendations for my situation. Are there any lift kits for the ecodiesel and 37 inch tires. I’m not having much luck finding anything on the interweb for this problem.
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I think the solution is the Mopar lift and 35s. I don't know of any diesel tuned lifts that offer enough space for 37s on a Willy (Sport fenders). Maybe you could do Mopar lift + spacer lift?

I think Clayton Off Road does a 3.5" diesel lift, but good luck getting your dealer to agree to swap that in.

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I purchased a wrangler unlimited Willys edition eco diesel with 37 inch tires and a 4 inch lift. A few days later the drivers side of the rear track bar fell off. Dealer fixed the track bar rechecked the aftermarket suspension. 2 weeks and 500 miles later I heard a knock on the front suspension. Front track bar was loose. I took the Jeep to a local reputable 4x4 shop and with a little research found out it was not a teraflex kit, but a procomp kit. Got the part number off the spring and called procomp to confirm. The tech at procomp said they don’t make springs for the eco diesel. Front springs are bowed. The dealership needs some time to research the parts they installed to see if there is anything they can do to correct the issue. Any recommendations for my situation. Are there any lift kits for the ecodiesel and 37 inch tires. I’m not having much luck finding anything on the interweb for this problem.
AEV

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
go to this page and scroll down the page for Diesel coil springs.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/scp/suspension/springs/coil-springs
I am pretty sure all you need is to replace the springs on your rig.

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hi Scott,

Metal Cloak's Game Changer 3-1/2" lift has a diesel option. We're running 37s with the lift. It's a recent install with no real driving time to comment on at the moment. Metal Cloak has a great reputation and all of the parts appear to be high quality. The shop that installed it is a Metal Cloak dealer, and I trust the person who installed it.

Were you sold the lift based on it being a Teraflex? That sure sounds like the first problem...

Jeff

Sponsored

OP
OP

spow9575

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JWUL ECO DIESEL
Hi Scott,

Metal Cloak's Game Changer 3-1/2" lift has a diesel option. We're running 37s with the lift. It's a recent install with no real driving time to comment on at the moment. Metal Cloak has a great reputation and all of the parts appear to be high quality. The shop that installed it is a Metal Cloak dealer, and I trust the person who installed it.

Were you sold the lift based on it being a Teraflex? That sure sounds like the first problem...

Jeff
Jeff, I was and beloved them because of the teraflex shocks. I should have peeled the onion back a little more before pulling the trigger. It does seam that the dealer wants to make it right.

OP
OP

spow9575

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JWUL ECO DIESEL
Thanks everyone for the help. I definitely have a good starting point now. Appreciate the assistance. I’ll update what gets done. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP

spow9575

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JWUL ECO DIESEL
Update. The dealer came through with a new rock krawler kit that they are going to install. I’m a little worried about them doing the work since I’ve found a couple more issues with the install since I originally posted. A High pitch squeak started somewhere in the rear end. I put it on a lift and discovered these guys also put one of the sway bar end links on backwards. I’m not certain how they managed it but the bushing was pretty twisted. I removed it and put it on correctly thinking that might solve the problem, no dice. Finally tracked it down to the bolt that connects the top of the right rear shock. Lots of corrosion inside of it and too much play between the bolt and the shock. I wonder if teraflex provided the correct bolt and they just used the stock bolt to put it back on. Anyways I put some anti seize on the bolt and the annoying squeaking has stopped. Guess I’ll be calling teraflex tomorrow to see if they can help. One bad lift kit and a terrible tech is leading to more and more problems. Hope they get it right when the new lift kit arrives.
Sponsored