Sponsored

Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The red has a lot more character than the grey lol.
Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Just a heads up on paint choices. I have a '98 TJ I bought new. It has the original metallic moss green paint. Still looks great. The metallic holds up much better than non-metallic long term. Keep that in mind if you're a long-term owner.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I love the snazz in person and I'm a huge fan of grey as well. Be bold and different compared to the normal blend in colors! Easier to find in a parking lot too :CWL:

-Julia

eric0231

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.speedprochicagoloop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Business owner
New to the forum and I have had so much fun reading all the posts and information from everyone- so- thanks! Especially all the pricing- helped so much. I am about to order a Sahara unlimited high altitude. I wanted a Sting Gray- however- it is not available in the high altitude. So dilemma- do I get an altitude (but I really love the stitched leather) or do I change the color? I am between the new Snazzberry color or crystal grey metallic? I know you either love the snazzberry color or hate it- my household is split -the women like it - the men want grey. I will be driving it- 50’s woman!! Thanks for your help- husband is sick of debate!
Well, that was exactly my same dilemma between colors and models last month when I leased my Jeep...though I opted for the Snazzberry as an 80th Anniversary which was loaded (for that trim). The only things I would have preferred in another trim level is the leather seating and body colored hard top-- however, the lease payments/residual on an 80th were better than a Sahara (Alt/High Alt). The Snazzberry is not very common, think it has some punch without being garish....also don't feel as though my manhood has been significantly impacted by not choosing Stingray (but its only been 30 days since taking possession), so your hubby should be OK if he takes it for a spin.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry IMG_3710

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry IMG_3713

FrankNY

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara
Snazzberry!!!!

Sponsored

Rpk99

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65th Anniversary Wrangler
I ordered a snazzberry sport without seeing the color in person. I would definitely recommend snazzberry.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I personally don't see Snazz aging well so i'd go with the gray. And is it too late to try to convince you to get another model that's not the High Altitude? It's the stock version of trying to look like the below, and it's so ugh. 20in rims and thin tires on a Wrangler just grind my gears.

2535_xlarge.jpg

KWebb74

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Go for the Snazzberry! I special ordered my ‘21 High Altitude without seeing the color in person. The dealership even thought I was crazy. But once it was delivered, wow!!! It changes colors with different lighting...it’s very cool!!!!

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Man, I think this new Snazzberry color is pretty awesome. It looks like the Chili-Pepper color that came out in 1998 for the TJ. It was my 2nd choice in 98 when I bought my Gunmetal TJ (first new car) and had this color been out 2018 when I factory ordered one of the first JLs.... I really may have considered it.

In the end, I likely would have still gone with the granite. I must admit, I love the deep charcoal gray and molded my JL after one of my old CJ’s. I don’t think you can go wrong in either choice. Great advice has been shared... look at both in full sun... and go with your gut.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry 56810E13-5BE9-4B17-A92D-D77B369A9971
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry 0B698C17-F070-4805-826C-FEDE3E63ED91

Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
New to the forum and I have had so much fun reading all the posts and information from everyone- so- thanks! Especially all the pricing- helped so much. I am about to order a Sahara unlimited high altitude. I wanted a Sting Gray- however- it is not available in the high altitude. So dilemma- do I get an altitude (but I really love the stitched leather) or do I change the color? I am between the new Snazzberry color or crystal grey metallic? I know you either love the snazzberry color or hate it- my household is split -the women like it - the men want grey. I will be driving it- 50’s woman!! Thanks for your help- husband is sick of debate!
snazzberry, gorgeous in person, and it'll be that much more amazing by standing out from other vehicles

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
My vote would also be Snaz. Grey although very nice and sharp looking is and will be around forever. In all makes. The Snazzberry is unique and there’s a good chance they’ll discontinue it in a few years which will keep it unique.
This happened to me with the Bikini Pearl color. I only see a few around here and there so I get compliments on the color all the time.

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
As mentioned by many already, what a great dilemma to have, though those are two dramatically different ends of the color spectrum! Totally respect everyone's personal choices, and while you can't go wrong with either choice, I'd consider:

- If you are going to be the primary driver, then I'd get the color you want the most

- Totally agree that you should see the color in person on the lot. I finally just saw one the other day and it is a gorgeous color--way better and less purply than it looks on the site. Maroon metallic is a better description. Then again, I'm an Aggie and have a family of Aggies, so maybe we're biased a bit...LOL Still, it is an awesome color and I'd probably get it if I were ordering a new one today.

- For me personally, a Jeep is a fun vehicle, so why not have it in a fun color? Snazzberry (agree the name alone has probably put off many...) is a beautiful color, but not as in-your-face as my Mojito, Punkn, Bikini, or the current Hellayella/Chief/Firecracker choices. It strikes a nice balance between the subdued world of the greys/whites/blacks and the bright end of the spectrum (though ANY color choice has been reduced with the current line-up, especially depending on version choice).

In the end, I'd really go with your gut reaction after seeing them on the lot, in sunlight. They really are both great colors, and the Crystal Grey Metallic is one of the best, rich-looking greys I've seen out there.

Final thought: If you plan to keep your Jeep a long time, I like to think about which ones stand out from the pack when you see a fellow Jeep on the road, even if it's an older model. To me, all the colors really do pop from the mass of grey/silver/white/black vehicles of all makes and models. I like that, but if that doesn't matter to you at all then go with the gut. It's a win-win in my book!
I was choosing between granite and snazberry but you convinced to go with anazberry so thank you!!

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry IMG_9743

for the money you'll spend on a High Altitude, you can just get a Rubi in the color you really want

I vote Sting Gray Rubicon, but I'm biased ;)

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I know which one I would choose for a multitude of reasons, but especially for the 15 additional horsepower that comes with the Granite Crystal Metallic editions. :LOL:

No matter which one you pick, you will love it because it's a Jeep!
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry 20210506_195600
Sponsored

Last edited: