Sponsored

Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Gray no doubt. Color is very personal so really tough for any of us to help you decide. There are a few colors that I don't care for with Jeep and this is one of them.

Honestly if you are on the fence then think about resale. Gray will be a far better resale opportunity casting a net over far more potential buyers.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
No offense to those who own grey, I've owned 2 RAM trucks in grey (current is crystal metallic) but Snazzberry HANDS DOWN. Google Snazzberry Wrangler and look at all the images, the color is very dynamic based on lighting and just plain COOL! Hence why I just ordered a Snazzberry Rubi ;)

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Outside of personal preference, one might consider that the Granite would be less “trendy” than Snazberry from a little more practical point. It may be easier to resell and retain value a little better as well.

They both look great polished up but how does the Snazberry look in between cleanings?

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Outside of personal preference, one might consider that the Granite would be less “trendy” than Snazberry from a little more practical point. It may be easier to resell and retain value a little better as well.

They both look great polished up but how does the Snazberry look in between cleanings?
Snazzberrty could be called "trendy" for sure but I call it "maroon" and maroon has always been a favorite of my wife (happy wife=happy life). If you maintain your vehicle either will look sharp for years to come but I do agree with DadJokes that a dirty granite (road salt etc.) is going to look less "messy". So you could say Snazzberry is more maintenance. I also agree that resale of 'shades of grey' will attract a wider audience

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A Sahara High Altitude, with all those color matched parts, would look great in Snazzberry. It may a bit too much gray.

I wouldn't call Snazzberry trendy. The name may be trendy, but dark red is a pretty traditional color.

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I LOVE my Snazzberry JL. I had a chili pepper red TJ years back and this color is similar and more metallic, looks different in with changes in lighting conditions. Crystal Grey metallic was the other color I was pondering as well but I have had too many cars in the grey scale. Very happy I went with Snazzberry
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry 9F68BEF8-81DE-463A-8B1B-6DD539F1D0B9

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I wasn't even really considering Hella Yella until I saw it in person. Todays colors simply cant be replicated in print. While Hella Yella is also a love it or hate it color, if you are even considering Snazzberry, I bet you will jump on it when seeing it in person.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
A Sahara High Altitude, with all those color matched parts, would look great in Snazzberry. It may a bit too much gray.

I wouldn't call Snazzberry trendy. The name may be trendy, but dark red is a pretty traditional color.
There seems to always be a gray in manufacturers’ color palette so I was merely speaking in relative terms.

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
If your going with the high altitude with the colored bumpers, might as well get it with color.
When they unveiled the high altitudes and the Wrangler was black and Gladiator was Snazzberry, it looked more impressive in that color.

Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I saw a Snazzberry JT yesterday, very rich color & looked pretty much in real life like it looks online. Great color.
I drive a Granite Crystal JLURD so I am partial to that color too :)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Snazzberry! I literally just traded in a Granite Crystal for the awesome looking Snazz!

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
WOW I just checked and you can only get that in 5 colors. I wonder why?

If I had to choose it's White or Snazz

The Sahara Altitude has all the color choices.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
New to the forum and I have had so much fun reading all the posts and information from everyone- so- thanks! Especially all the pricing- helped so much. I am about to order a Sahara unlimited high altitude. I wanted a Sting Gray- however- it is not available in the high altitude. So dilemma- do I get an altitude (but I really love the stitched leather) or do I change the color? I am between the new Snazzberry color or crystal grey metallic? I know you either love the snazzberry color or hate it- my household is split -the women like it - the men want grey. I will be driving it- 50’s woman!! Thanks for your help- husband is sick of debate!
As mentioned by many already, what a great dilemma to have, though those are two dramatically different ends of the color spectrum! Totally respect everyone's personal choices, and while you can't go wrong with either choice, I'd consider:

- If you are going to be the primary driver, then I'd get the color you want the most

- Totally agree that you should see the color in person on the lot. I finally just saw one the other day and it is a gorgeous color--way better and less purply than it looks on the site. Maroon metallic is a better description. Then again, I'm an Aggie and have a family of Aggies, so maybe we're biased a bit...LOL Still, it is an awesome color and I'd probably get it if I were ordering a new one today.

- For me personally, a Jeep is a fun vehicle, so why not have it in a fun color? Snazzberry (agree the name alone has probably put off many...) is a beautiful color, but not as in-your-face as my Mojito, Punkn, Bikini, or the current Hellayella/Chief/Firecracker choices. It strikes a nice balance between the subdued world of the greys/whites/blacks and the bright end of the spectrum (though ANY color choice has been reduced with the current line-up, especially depending on version choice).

In the end, I'd really go with your gut reaction after seeing them on the lot, in sunlight. They really are both great colors, and the Crystal Grey Metallic is one of the best, rich-looking greys I've seen out there.

Final thought: If you plan to keep your Jeep a long time, I like to think about which ones stand out from the pack when you see a fellow Jeep on the road, even if it's an older model. To me, all the colors really do pop from the mass of grey/silver/white/black vehicles of all makes and models. I like that, but if that doesn't matter to you at all then go with the gut. It's a win-win in my book!

Last edited:

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I LOVE my Snazzberry JL. I had a chili pepper red TJ years back and this color is similar and more metallic, looks different in with changes in lighting conditions. Crystal Grey metallic was the other color I was pondering as well but I have had too many cars in the grey scale. Very happy I went with Snazzberry
Jeep Wrangler JL Help with color choice crystal grey vs. snazzberry 9F68BEF8-81DE-463A-8B1B-6DD539F1D0B9
Beautiful Rubi! The color looks fantastic in the sun. Great choice!
Sponsored