Help with advice on lifting my JL Rubicon. Fox 2.5 Shocks

Kiwiguynz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited 3.6L
Hi I’m new to the world of modifying JEEPS and there sure are a lot of options! A real beginners question sorry.
Can someone please clarify something for me. If I buy a set of Fox 2.5 Reservoir DSC shocks, what else is required to complete the lift that I’m after So it’s ready to drive?
When I look at a kit, such as the Falcon 3.3 lift kit, it comes with a number of additional parts-control arms, steering stabalizer, bump stop etc

Thanks

FBBD7271-5323-4398-AC23-55D89A06C352.jpeg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi I’m new to the world of modifying JEEPS and there sure are a lot of options! A real beginners question sorry.
Can someone please clarify something for me. If I buy a set of Fox 2.5 Reservoir DSC shocks, what else is required to complete the lift that I’m after So it’s ready to drive?
When I look at a kit, such as the Falcon 3.3 lift kit, it comes with a number of additional parts-control arms, steering stabalizer, bump stop etc

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with advice on lifting my JL Rubicon. Fox 2.5 Shocks FBBD7271-5323-4398-AC23-55D89A06C352
Welcome to the forum.....

my .02 is, first thing you need to do is pick a lift then you pair the shocks to the lift. You need to decide what height you want, the kind of kit which is determined by what you’ll be using your rig for mostly, the size tire you’re gonna be running.... etc.....

There’s a LOT of knowledge on here, just do some reading and research, you should find everything you need to know. And of course you can always reach out, I’ll try to help where I can....... :)

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
If you are going to invest that kind of money in a shock that really should be your last purchase. To get the most out of them you really need to know ride height, corner weights of the Jeep, what tire and wheel weights. I would start on making the decision on what you plan to with the Jeep, percentages of street miles vs trail, then decided tire size you plan on sticking with. Use those two factors to decide lift height and quality along with what other items need to be upgraded, then pick the shocks so you get the lengths right and properly valved.

OP
OP
Kiwiguynz

Kiwiguynz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the forum.....

my .02 is, first thing you need to do is pick a lift then you pair the shocks to the lift. You need to decide what height you want, the kind of kit which is determined by what you’ll be using your rig for mostly, the size tire you’re gonna be running.... etc.....

There’s a LOT of knowledge on here, just do some reading and research, you should find everything you need to know. And of course you can always reach out, I’ll try to help where I can....... :)
Thanks a lot. I’m thinking of a 2.5 inch lift with 35 inch tyres on 17 or 18 inch wheels. It’s a second vehicle want to be able to drive it with a solid stable feel, for an hour or two for a day trip or weekend away with off-roading whoever we are going.

Sponsored

Deity6667

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Do lifts differ between RHD and LHD?
What about the narrower axles on the export rubicon?
With the export rubi not having high line fenders does that makes any difference to the lift height to choose?

OP
OP
Kiwiguynz

Kiwiguynz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do lifts differ between RHD and LHD?
What about the narrower axles on the export rubicon?
With the export rubi not having high line fenders does that makes any difference to the lift height to choose?
Good points thanks. Didn’t know about the narrower axle. Will check with locals once I have a preferred setup. Thinking the terraflex with Falcon 3.3 shocks may be an easier way to go.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Good points thanks. Didn’t know about the narrower axle. Will check with locals once I have a preferred setup. Thinking the terraflex with Falcon 3.3 shocks may be an easier way to go.
Don’t do it. Metal cloak or Rock Krawler will handle much better on and off road.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
What did you end up doing?
curious as well, and would like more photos....

I just got a set of accutune rear 2.5 on a stock height jlur.....they raised the back a little over 2cm. Still waiting on the fronts. Only been on for 75 miles or so and I like what I feel so far.
Sponsored