Help with 4xe tire choices

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Sahara
Hi all, so I'm trying to find 35" tires for my 4xe Sahara, but it seems like all the options I have for the stock 20" rims are either load rating E or F. This is the first time I'm actually paying attention to tire types so from what I've seen, those are bad options for Wranglers? Does anyone have any suggestions for tires I can check out? What have you put on your Saharas on the stock 20" rims?
Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
https://tiresize.com/ is the first place I go for research. Just put in the size you want and go from there. E might be better on a 4xe than other wranglers but I'd stick to c or d. What will you be using the wrangler for? On road E can be rough ridding due to the thicker sidewalls. But they'd be perfect for off-roading on rocks and other sharp surfaces. There are more options at 275/60/r20 which is a 33. 33s would not require a lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with 4xe tire choices 1632242221767

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just remember to adjust pressure for the load rating, an E should have lower pressure than a C for the same size. That tiresize website has a converter.

I have 295/65R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Ram in load E and they ride fine. Basically a tall 35/12.00.

OurJeep has 35/12.50R17 KO2 Es, and we didn’t notice a huge difference. Note, we dropped 5PSI from the door sticker with the swap.

The larger rims will probably hurt the ride more than the tire load rating.

If your planning to off road a decent amount, you may want to consider dropping to 17s and selling your stock wheels/tires. Between the reduction in tire price and selling the stockers, I bet you’d come out ahead of just buying the 20” tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just remember to adjust pressure for the load rating, an E should have lower pressure than a C for the same size. That tiresize website has a converter.

I have 295/65R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Ram in load E and they ride fine. Basically a tall 35/12.00.

OurJeep has 35/12.50R17 KO2 Es, and we didn’t notice a huge difference. Note, we dropped 5PSI from the door sticker with the swap.

The larger rims will probably hurt the ride more than the tire load rating.

If your planning to off road a decent amount, you may want to consider dropping to 17s and selling your stock wheels/tires. Between the reduction in tire price and selling the stockers, I bet you’d come out ahead of just buying the 20” tires.
Thanks. After playing around with the numbers this does look like the more viable option. Maybe I'll wait a little bit more for some tire deals during the holidays.

I will be doing mostly road driving but plan to hit trails as often as I can. And in winter I do spend a bit of time in the mountains. I need a good year round all-terrain tire. Right now i'm leaning towards the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T or the Toyo Open Country A/T 3

OP
OP

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://tiresize.com/ is the first place I go for research. Just put in the size you want and go from there. E might be better on a 4xe than other wranglers but I'd stick to c or d. What will you be using the wrangler for? On road E can be rough ridding due to the thicker sidewalls. But they'd be perfect for off-roading on rocks and other sharp surfaces. There are more options at 275/60/r20 which is a 33. 33s would not require a lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with 4xe tire choices 1632242221767
Thanks! I didnt know about this site, its super helpful.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks. After playing around with the numbers this does look like the more viable option. Maybe I'll wait a little bit more for some tire deals during the holidays.

I will be doing mostly road driving but plan to hit trails as often as I can. And in winter I do spend a bit of time in the mountains. I need a good year round all-terrain tire. Right now i'm leaning towards the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T or the Toyo Open Country A/T 3
FYI, the Mopar buy three get one for $1 may be coming up. I think they do it once in the spring and once in the fall. They couldn't get anything I wanted when I bought the Ridge Grapplers, unfortunately.

Watch out for the TPMS change that happened this summer, Discount had to swap them from my stock tires.

It's also tough to find wheels actually in stock now. Took a month for my Racelines through discount.
Sponsored