First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon, Honda Odyssey, Saturn Vue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well, I’ve now been stuck in inspection status for 28 days with absolutely no feedback as to why. Any ideas? I’m about ready to cancel my order & move on...
Ask to have a case opened through Jeep Chat. I was able to have it opened at around 28 days in inspection. It did not help with answers but it may have helped expedite shipping for me once they finally decided to release it. We picked ours up on Saturday and I got another email regarding the case today saying they shipped it and expected it to arrive on 9/26 (it did).
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Thanks Dave. I did request and receive a case number (2 actually) and someone named "Jeff" was supposed to reach out with an update on Monday or Tuesday - so far nothing. Hoping to get some answers this week or I'm planning on cancelling the order. Anybody else out there experiencing these kind of delays?

jesnamy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bikini (Amy)
We had a case opened also and Jeff was our contact, wife's Jeep was stuck in "I" for right at about 6 weeks. Got email yesterday it should be getting shipped and arrive near dealer next Saturday.

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
We had a case opened also and Jeff was our contact, wife's Jeep was stuck in "I" for right at about 6 weeks. Got email yesterday it should be getting shipped and arrive near dealer next Saturday.
Six weeks? Did they provide an explanation for the delay? My concern now is that if there is a problem with the Jeep, isn’t disclosed & it’ll show up later on. Maybe paranoid but, honestly, I can’t think of another reason a vehicle can’t get through inspection for over a month.

jesnamy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bikini (Amy)
Six weeks? Did they provide an explanation for the delay? My concern now is that if there is a problem with the Jeep, isn’t disclosed & it’ll show up later on. Maybe paranoid but, honestly, I can’t think of another reason a vehicle can’t get through inspection for over a month.
No explanation has been given.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
I finally received an update from Jeep Customer Care after 35 days in inspection:

JB additional equipment - Body Vendor

I didn't order anything special (No rims, side steps, all weather floor mats, etc) outside the upgrade packages (cold weather, towing, LED lights, standard safety group). Any idea what this further delay might be for - standard delay or cause for concern? Thanks!

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I just heard back from my dealer. I ordered 08/27. The jeep has been stuck in JB Body vendor as well for the past few weeks. He was able to get a delivery date conformation of 10/23. Others who ordered the same date (we were on a group order) received their jeeps weeks ago. He said some others were also delayed. No explanation and no way of knowing why.

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (replaced 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk), 2013 JK Sport (Bought for Daughter)
Today's update... now about 60 miles from the dealer at the shipping depot in Mira Loma, CA.

2020 Rubicon JLUR
Firecracker Red, Black Hard Top and Fenders. 3.6L V6, pretty much all options including: 8-speed Automatic, Leather, Cold weather package, Tow package, LED lighting, 8.4 inch radio and premium audio group, Safety group, Advanced Safety group, Steel bumpers, Headliners, Remote Proximity entry, All-weather floor mats, Hinge gate reinforcement and Cargo group Trail Rail system.

Falken Brand Tires LT285/70R17C BSW M/T

09/04/19 - Order & VON#
09/06/19 - D Status and VIN assigned
09/11/19 - D1 status
09/20/19 - E status, no ship date provided
09/23/19 - Build sheet available
09/23/19 - JB status
09/24/19 - KZ status, no dealer ETA provided
09/25/19 - Window sticker available
09/25/19 - KZ waiting for rail car assignment
09/26/19 - No change
10/01/19 - Dealer said in Kansas City, Mo., ETA s/b week of 10/7/19
10/07/19 - Dealer said in Mira Loma, CA, ETA about 2 days!

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I finally received an update from Jeep Customer Care after 35 days in inspection:

JB additional equipment - Body Vendor

I didn't order anything special (No rims, side steps, all weather floor mats, etc) outside the upgrade packages (cold weather, towing, LED lights, standard safety group). Any idea what this further delay might be for - standard delay or cause for concern? Thanks!
did you order steel bumpers? They could have been waiting on the supplier to send more.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Great, thanks for the update. FCA needs to provide a better system for tracking & delivery. For those of us on the slow end of the timeline and waiting weeks with no information, it's really frustrating. Glad to hear your Jeep is on the move!
FCA should take a clue from Mercedes. When I ordered my Mercedes a few years ago I was able to track it online and even make changes to the order for a period of time. When the started the build they locked it down and could add things. But I was able to check the status online.

It was completed about 3 weeks ahead of schedule. I was really impressed. Wished FCA would allow the same level of access for us to at least see where we are. Oh well!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
did you order steel bumpers? They could have been waiting on the supplier to send more.
No. No steel bumpers for me. No explanation for the delays (over a month in I status and three weeks in KZ). On a positive note, I did finally receive my Jeep last week (with an August 16 order date). Glad it's here but I still don't understand the delay compared to others that were ordered after mine with similar options.

Also, when I got it home, I noticed that where there are 'seams' in the Jeep exterior (between fenders & body, where hood sits into body, top of door cracks, etc) there is a heavy layer of grey dust like it sat in a warehouse for a month (which is exactly what it did). Happy it's finally here though.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Tiger - glad you got your Jeep. I was in a similar state and discovered that when it sits in "I"nspection status for more than a day or two, that means that something was found to be wrong with the Jeep when it rolled off the assembly line - and now it is literally sitting around waiting for a different team to repair it. This sort of makes sense, since the assembly line keeps going and I wouldn't expect.

The actual wait seems to have nothing to do with the severity of the issue, but more just a backup on repairs and for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be a first-in-first-out system. I was also in "I" for about 30 days with no clues as to why, crawled all over the Jeep since and the only thing I can say is that one of my rear fender liners was out of place on delivery.

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Tiger - glad you got your Jeep. I was in a similar state and discovered that when it sits in "I"nspection status for more than a day or two, that means that something was found to be wrong with the Jeep when it rolled off the assembly line - and now it is literally sitting around waiting for a different team to repair it. This sort of makes sense, since the assembly line keeps going and I wouldn't expect.

The actual wait seems to have nothing to do with the severity of the issue, but more just a backup on repairs and for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be a first-in-first-out system. I was also in "I" for about 30 days with no clues as to why, crawled all over the Jeep since and the only thing I can say is that one of my rear fender liners was out of place on delivery.
That makes sense. I also went over the jeep in detail & am mostly happy. I found two body issues - an 18" scratch on the front plastic bumper and swirl marks all over the body (probably done at the dealership during cleanup). We'll be hand-washing from now on. Steering is a little 'spongy' but not where I feel unsafe. It's interesting watching from the passenger seat when my wife & kids drive the Jeep - lot's of little corrections compared to previous Chrysler minivan. But again, nothing terrible or unsafe. Very happy with the upgrades - cold weather, premium audio, LED lights, keyless entry.

Back to my original post. the main feedback I would give FCA is to build a better tracking system - or have none at all. The dealership said it might take 8-10 weeks to receive my Jeep and it did - so they met their timeline. However, knowing the Jeep was built and sitting idle for a month in inspection status while I read many people were receiving theirs in 2-3 weeks was frustrating. Also, no reason for the delay creates doubt - a better explanation would've been appreciated. I almost wish the cryptostickers site was not available - the day before the Jeep was delivered Jeep chat said there was still no ETA for delivery. Really? It was already on a truck and being delivered. FCA needs to improve their tracking system & provide better explanations for delays IMO.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Also, when I got it home, I noticed that where there are 'seams' in the Jeep exterior (between fenders & body, where hood sits into body, top of door cracks, etc) there is a heavy layer of grey dust like it sat in a warehouse for a month (which is exactly what it did). Happy it's finally here though.
Mine was ordered on October 28 and FINALLY came out of *I* status within the last couple of days, and is now en route to shipping. This could be very bad for us as the railway is at risk for going on strike. Greeeaaat.

My biggest concern though is how long it was sitting in *I* status for. As per my knowledge it sat for AT LEAST 5-6 days (I learned about the *I* status last Wednesday), but it's entirely possible that it went into inspection only a few days after we ordered it (they build so fast!!) and sat there for two weeks (or more). So like you, I worry about something being wrong that could potentially go wrong again. That said, the 18/19 Jeeps did have a pretty big problem with the steering, so I would absolutely get that looked it (or at least mention it so it's on record) sooner than later. I haven't found anything yet that says whether or not this is still an issue in the 2020's.

If all goes as it should, my new ride SHOULD be here by the second week of December, but...

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Mine was ordered on October 28 and FINALLY came out of *I* status within the last couple of days, and is now en route to shipping.

My biggest concern though is how long it was sitting in *I* status for. As per my knowledge it sat for AT LEAST 5-6 days (I learned about the *I* status last Wednesday), but it's entirely possible that it went into inspection only a few days after we ordered it (they build so fast!!) and sat there for two weeks (or more).
There's no correlation between length of time in "I" status and severity of whatever issue they corrected. It is simply a matter of the factory getting around to fixing whatever the issue was. Mine was there for 30 days and no obvious clues as to what was wrong - and no way to find out. Just one of those things, and the reason the delivery time is so variable.

If the stars aligned you could go from order to on the dealer lot in 8-10 days, everything else is scheduling or inspection/repair delays.
Sponsored