trwkane

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Willys
Hey all,

I've been shopping around for trailer hitch and wiring options for my 2dr Willys.

Amazon mostly has products spec'd for JK's. Extreme terrain has some nice options but I'm up in Ontario, Canada and hoping to find something I'm not paying a large amount for shipping or exchange.

I priced it out at the dealer and was quote $900+ just for labour on the wiring! (not including parts) was told "it's 100% not plug and play wiring and it needs to go under carpeting). I've seen some installs of after market that seem pretty straight forward. He advised me I might have issues if I have LED lights.

Anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket part and wiring that is available for me up in Canada and that I can install myself?

Thanks
Sponsored

Oldstyle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Get a quote from a truck accessory store. The last time I bought a hitch it cost $300 (US) installed, which was not much more than ordering on Amazon and installing myself.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
U-Haul does hitches too.

G.

Smcdowell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I got my hitch and harness from quadratec for under $200. Installed myself in an afternoon...its really simple. 4 bolts for the hitch and the harness runs under the passenger side of the Jeep to the battery.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
If you have LED taillights, you’re going to have to be careful with what you install.
Sponsored