Sponsored

[help] Steering off after adding adjustable track bar

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi all, looking for some help or information if anyone has experience..

here's what happened.
I bought front and rear adjustable track bars, while waiting for the lift kit. Over the weekend, I just want to install them to see how it looks.. This is what I did:

1. I took off the rear factory track bar, measured the length and make the adjustable track bar same length (maybe slightly difference), and install it.
2. I took off the front factory track bar, measured the length and install the adjustable one. However, when I was installing, the hole doesn't align, so I turned steering wheel slightly to make the hole align and installed it.
3. It turned out the Teraflex front track bar has a bad bushing(keep rattling), then I took it off, and re-installed the factory one.

After these, I have an adjustable rear track bar and factory front track bar.. When I drove this morning, the steering wheel is a bit off.. I'm wondering what could cause the issue?

Thanks.

E290228A-6596-418A-B61E-B9C9B66EB0A7.jpeg
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Thrust angle if the rear track bar is not behaving the same way as the factory bar did.
I’d go back to factory rear and get it aligned again. Then, do the lift and track bars at once followed by a new alignment.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
My steering wheel is off a little after simply removing and reinstalling the axle side track bolt. The bolt holes have enough play to allow this. Just adjust the steering back to center using the tie rod adjustment.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
My steering wheel is off a little after simply removing and reinstalling the axle side track bolt. The bolt holes have enough play to allow this. Just adjust the steering back to center using the tie rod adjustment.
Isn’t it the drag link adjustment? Tie rod does toe, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just adjust the drag link, super easy. Takes about 5 minutes.
Yeah I think I'll do that if nothing else needs to adjust.
I'm just a bit confused on changing the track bar without changing length would cause steering wheel offset

OP
OP

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thrust angle if the rear track bar is not behaving the same way as the factory bar did.
I’d go back to factory rear and get it aligned again. Then, do the lift and track bars at once followed by a new alignment.
Thanks.. I'll do that

OP
OP

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Interesting.. I put the factory track bar back, and the steering is still offset. Didn’t change anything else… what would cause the problem?
Sponsored