ndross475

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I assume this is a general thread.... I traded in my nicely appointed 18 JLU Sahara because the dealer "had to have it" and promptly ordered a 22 JLU Rubicon. Just received word its sitting on the lot built in Toledo, waiting on what appears to be a shortage of haulers to take it to Koons in VA... I volunteered to drive a truck and they declined...

So while I wait... Help me pimp my ride... I am looking for mild mods,, I ride sand at the NC beach not big rocks. Here is what we are starting with....
Jeep Wrangler JL Help Spend My Money-- 22 JLU Rubicon Mods Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 7.32.09 PM
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Why not drive it for a while in all the ways you intended to use it then determine needs vs wants? Having driven mine for 4 months now I have decided that the ride, steering and handling so far exceeds expectation that I won’t risk suspension changes ( for now anyway) and since 285/75/17’s are only about a half inch shorter than “35’s” are rated for stock wheels , fit the spare carrier without mods and are 3mph off at 60mph so recalibration is not required I will probably go with them. More to be determined.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’d wrap that Black Clear Coat in a more fun color...!

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I think the black with tan top is going to look sharp. I almost went with that combo. Chose Sting Gray though with a black hard top. Can't really offer any suggestions for your mods but the only one I'm considering during the first few months of ownership are the flat rear taillights.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@ndross475

This:
Why not drive it for a while in all the ways you intended to use it then determine needs vs wants?
That is precisely the advice I pass on to new motorcycle owners who've barely got their bike home in the garage. Learn about the vehicle organically by just accumulating some seat time. Look up real-world owner reviews of Accessories X, 6 and Red before opening your wallet. You might discover that you don't want what you don't need.

Coming from a Sahara, what would you do again, or not do, to your new Rube? You may already have a bit of the intel that you're asking about. đź‘Ť

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
@ndross475

This:

That is precisely the advice I pass on to new motorcycle owners who've barely got their bike home in the garage. Learn about the vehicle organically by just accumulating some seat time. Look up real-world owner reviews of Accessories X, 6 and Red before opening your wallet. You might discover that you don't want what you don't need.

Coming from a Sahara, what would you do again, or not do, to your new Rube? You may already have a bit of the intel that you're asking about. đź‘Ť
The first 392 sold by my dealer was driven home and suspension, tires and wheels, bumpers,skids, lights spare carrier, etc were pulled off plus add on’s. Picked mine up about two months later and it still wasn’t completed. All done with essentially no seat miles. As stated, I quickly determined I am not touching the great suspension and I don’t understand those who make major changes without knowing what it was like before the changes.

sardogtella

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR. 2021 JLURXR
I had the dealer pull out my JLU XR suspension and install an EVO 3.5" lift with 2.5 king shocks before I ever saw it. I immediatly installed 37" Ridge Grapplers. I have to admit I have wondered how it drove stock, but I am extremely happy with the way it looks and rides now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ndross475

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I think the black with tan top is going to look sharp. I almost went with that combo. Chose Sting Gray though with a black hard top. Can't really offer any suggestions for your mods but the only one I'm considering during the first few months of ownership are the flat rear taillights.
My Sahara was the same combo; I went a winter ( what we in NC call winter) with the ragtop on and sold the hardtop... never looked back...

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
"Window material: Glass ... $195" ???

As if you had another choice...? Could you get paper windows for $0? :LOL:

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Just something to air up your tires after a day in the sand. Other than that, you're set.

OP
OP

ndross475

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
"Window material: Glass ... $195" ???

As if you had another choice...? Could you get paper windows for $0? :LOL:
Gorilla Glass Option... not sure it was $$ well spent from various reviews; it works on my iPhone.;-)

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Gorilla Glass Option... not sure it was $$ well spent from various reviews; it works on my iPhone.;-)
Ah gotcha. I was gonna say... They are really squeezing you if they are changing you just to have glass windows! At least by paying for "Gorilla Glass," you are paying for a name!
Sponsored